The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

In 2 games they have half as many wins against SoCal as they did all of last season...

Wrong..........They haven't played two games against SoCal teams yet, because if you're talking about San Jose, then you should probably take a geography lesson.......which also means their win total against SoCal teams is ZERO.

No need to panic. Every team gets spanked once in a while and despite today the team is still playing better than any of us could have expected.

That said. Since we're going to apparently make the playoffs we need to add a couple of big bodies to the lineup. Hard to beat a team if you're both smaller and less talented.

Yes, Kassian has a lot of potential but his lack of effort is obvious. He need a kick in th a$$ and if no results prevail some time in Utica to wake him up. If by game 40-45 he is still stagnating like he has for the last two years - then trade him. Period! Poor performers and mediocrity should be rewarded with pain and suffering. If JB is playing for keeps then he should demonstrate that in action and not follow the MG "la-dee-da approach" of rewarding incompetence with NT clauses and multi year deals. We've seen the results that brings. If we really want to go for the cup - the team mgmt. will have to make brave decisions like true leaders do.

The team is getting away from what was helping them win games. A lot more dump and chase hockey going on lately. And our D is playing much like they did to end last year. Just terrible coverage and a lot of chasing guys and making bad decisions.

Our faceoffs are a huge issue and our defense on the whole is just not good enough offensively or defensively. We need D that can pass the puck accurately in transition. It is a huge weakness. Hamhuis and Bieksa have looked really shaky so far this year. And let's not even talk about those two together on the PP. I would prefer sticking a pencil in my eye than watching that.

Our D gives up a ton of odd man rushes yet mystically doesn't seem to actually drive any sort of consistent offensive improvement by jumping up. Crazy frustrating.

I think a lot of people are still in denial about the fact that we aren't a top team anymore.

We're reloading. We will be for the next few years. This team shouldn't be expected to hang with the big boys in the west. In few years, the Cali teams will fade into mediocrity while we are on the rise with our young guns.

It's all a cycle folks. Our turn will come, but not very soon.

Fatigue caught up to the Canucks tonight... it showed in their being outhustled, outshot, and mental breakdowns leading to goals. This was not the no-quit team we've seen this season. The desire was there but not the energy. I don't see them suddenly having a resurgence in energy tomorrow against the Ducks. I see another ugly result coming. Too bad. These games are supposed to be a measuring stick against the California teams. But I don't think it's an accurate measurement given the Canucks brutal schedule. Tonight was the Canucks' 5th game in 8 nights, and tomorrow will be the 6th in 9. No reasonable person can say that this schedule should not have an effect on performance.

So the sky is not falling if we lose to LA and Anaheim (probably). I would still believe that we can compete with these teams when we are reasonably rested.

I agree. The Canucks are on the road, have played a lot of hockey lately, are banged up, and have been playing over their heads for a while -- with high energy and a lot of adrenaline. But that wears a team down. I agree things look bad for tomorrow but maybe Miller comes back and the Canucks steal another one.

Pretty disappointed in CBC/HNIC stroking the KIngs chode all night. Terrible game by the Canucks made worse by a terrible broadcasting crew. It is hard to know where to start with the broadcasting. It is the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and Hockey Night in Canada. Sad to see them sucking the LA teat with no respect to the Canucks. Suppose it would be different if it was the Canadiens or Maple Leafs playing. Too bad for Canadian hockey going forward. Hopefully tomorrow night will be different for the Canucks. Maybe throw some hits? Just an idea.

Another beating in LA what else is new.

Matthias looked physically able to play in the heavy traffic areas against the Kings.

Gretz calls Kopitar the 3rd best player, thanks again Nonis. :picard:

Kopitar 2 Cups. Nonis you are still hurting the Canucks long after you've left. What a colossal blunder.

I'm telling you guys we need a Milan Lucic type of player for these Californa teams especially, or like someone with the size of like say Tom Sesisto or Kassian but a currently established top 6 guy. Another lack of this team is a top 2 defender besides Hammer.

Burrows has to go. Bieksa isn't the Bieksa we used to know he's been terrible but not as bad as Burr, but if Juice was still playing good we wouldn't be looking for that top 2 defender in the first place and if Burr was producing and getting in the others teams faces we wouldn't need a Milan Lucic either.

1. Wow officiating wasn't unfair... I'm shocked

2. I'm not surprised at tonight. I had a feeling the boys would be way more focused on Anaheim tomorrow. They're gonna come up big.

3. Hope none of them go out in LA to party tonight. We need them focused and we'll rested

Pretty deflating performance after some of the recent Canuck victories..LA plays a style that the Canucks cannot match..They are a very deep team and when it's gets down to a game of attrition..we lose outright.

Just as telling as their no -show,will be how the Canucks respond tonight against the Ducks.

Archived