The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] panthers interested in Phil kessel

billabong

I read that. Tallon VERY specific that NOBODY under 25 is available.

Luongo Campbell for Kessel...honestly Toronto screwed themselves they deserve it.

As for the Panthers, if they're not willing to give up anyone young they're not willing to trade for a player like Kessel

Tallon would rob Toronto blind of Kessel. He's quite shrewd. I could see:

Gudbranson/Kulikov

Bergenheim

Upshall

1st rounder

Trochek

For

Kessel

Jokinen

Guessing Florida has a mandate to spend their money wisely and if they have to spend money, they had better do it on one quality piece than do it on 2 who are not so great.

Florida would be stupid to do this. They'd be making the same mistake that the Leafs made. Kessel cannot be 'the guy' on any team. He belongs on a team like Anaheim/Chicago/NYR where there is plenty of forward talent and he can just be a complimentary piece.

Well he'd be a quality hired gun for an offensively-deprived team. Bjugstad leads the team in scoring with 35 points-- Kessel has 47. Ekblad, Bjugstad, Barkov, Huberdeau and Kulikov should arguably be the top guys moving forward so Phil should gel with either of those top young centers.

Gudbranson - young guy who can log minutes on the back end

Bergenheim - vet who can go for a 2nd still

Upshall - 3rd round pick?

1st rounder - if this year's it could still be a high-ish pick (mid-10's?)

Trochek - they could afford to give him up, but he put up nearly 1/2 p.p.g. and is a decent prospect.

For

Kessel

Jokinen

Yeah that doesn't look too bad (young roster player, two vets for picks, 1st, decent prospect), I mean seeing how Nashville got Franson and Santo for a song this could fly esp. if the Leafs are going for picks and youth. The Panthers could get good quick.

http://www.tsn.ca/trade-talk-kessel-in-the-sunshine-state-1.208497

Fla would be an interesting team to get in the mix but which one of those young studs are they willing to part with because one has to be goin the other way

To tor: barkov, pirri, bergenheim, 1st pick 2015

To fla: kessel

if you read the link you posted, the answer is quite clear - none of them.

Thinking the Leafs will be getting a 2nd overall alone is a pipe dream, let alone throwing in Pirri, another 1st and a roster player.

Leafs fans need to lower their expectations. That aint happening.

Retain a whack of salary and what remains in your proposal would be a relative slam dunk in their position

Luongo Campbell for Kessel...honestly Toronto screwed themselves they deserve it.

As for the Panthers, if they're not willing to give up anyone young they're not willing to trade for a player like Kessel

Well we know Lu would never waive his NTC - he will retire a Panther

TOR did screw themselves not just in goaltending but pretty much every area of the organization

Let's see how they try to dig out of this hell hole they put themselves in

Gudbranson/Kulikov

Bergenheim

Upshall

1st rounder

Trochek

For

Kessel

Jokinen

Guessing Florida has a mandate to spend their money wisely and if they have to spend money, they had better do it on one quality piece than do it on 2 who are not so great.

If I was Nonutz I'd take that deal for sure.

Side note, Jokinens best years were in Florida.

From Nonis interview today:

“Yes, we signed Phil long-term; we think he’s a good player. I think he’s still top-20 in goals this year despite the fact he’s had a difficult time lately, but he doesn’t have a [full] no-trade,” Nonis said.

“We do have teams we can trade him to. You need to have some flexibility to change your team, and we have that.”

I would try and swing a deal for some of their prospects. Huberdeau could be a center piece if fla believes in Barkov as their #1 center. Could prob build a package around Huberdeau & Gundbranson. Both are high picks believe 3rd overall for both in their respective drafts. Might hurt a bit but to make big player deals sometimes you have to give up assets u cherish. Gundbranson has been pretty good but he hasn't lived up to his 3rd overall billing. He's sti young though but I don't see Huberdeau being packAged for someone older then him.

Prob around Gunner.

I'm just speculating tho wish I had flas roster handy (on cell)

The article said that no ''young stud'' would be available.

Then goes on to mention they have ten roster players under 25. There is no quote that says no player under 25 would be made available.

Archived