The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Benning's not looking to trade

Hodgson!!

I would like to see you moved to another site.

Agreed. But don't even feed that troll.

Look at his avatar... Its a Canuck logo with a tank. He's clearly a troll and doesn't know the canucks are second in the division.

Since it is personal attack open season on LOL,I would like to see you moved for future considerations.

Nothing will be fine.

See how that feels?

Nice,huh?

Since it is personal attack open season on LOL,I would like to see you moved for future considerations.

Nothing will be fine.

See how that feels?

Nice,huh?

I could care less..and coming from you it means about as much as anything LolClarkson has to say.. ..you are both pretty close.

I'll be honest, I'm disappointed he's not looking to unload a few veterans.

I was really hoping to see players like Richardson and Higgins to be unloaded in favor of 2nd/3rd round draft picks. I want this team to get younger and this is the optimal draft to do it in. I'm really hoping he is willing to let some of those contracts go before draft day because its not every year that a draft this deep comes along.

I can't believe you have fifteen likes on this, Richardson and Higgins are playoff gold, hard working hard nosed guys... And Higgins is DURABLE.. Where are you going to find better?

Edit: to fit more into the context of your post, the point is we need role players like that in the team, especially if we make it to the playoffs this year. We don't want to use guys who are in different stages of development in purely those roles and Richardson and Higgins can be counted on. We are getting younger, look who has been scoring most of the big goals lately, guys under the age of 25.. We need to have a good mix and we couldn't replace these guys, especially with a bunch of question marks that will take 2-4 years to develop, if that..

Nothing will be fine.

See how that feels?

Nice,huh?

Since Shaky is the quality of poster you could only hope to be, I don't think he's quaking in his boots.

Some people clearly didn't get the memo of what management is trying to accomplish.

We're not expected to knock off the top teams in the conference.

This is a team in transition. We're bringing up young players in a competitive environment, so that they develop into good players.

agreed........I also think JB is more likely to ride it out with Vets and move them near or at the draft than at the deadline.

What type of player u have in mind?

I'm thinking Havlat.

I know people will say "but he's old and injury prone", but with the prices as high as they are, this is a realistic player we should be looking at.

Good playoff performer, small cap hit, and he has a history with Vrbata on the international level. He clearly wasn't a fit in New Jersey and couldn't stay healthy in San Jose. If he's healthy though he's got game.

People shouldn't be holding their breath for a game breaker though.

If we are to make a trade in the next day, it should be either youth for youth, or veteran for youth. We either trade Higgins/Burrows/Bieksa (good luck) + later picks for a prime young player, or swap young players.

I'd even be happy with something like this:

Kassian + Higgins + Sbisa + 2nd round pick to Boston for Loui Eriksson + Joe Morrow + 1st round pick

Higgins is going to have pretty similar value to Vermette who just got a late first and a prospect. It's not really crazy to think that Higgins would at least get us a late first. Something in the 22-30 range is pretty reasonable. I would rather keep him though as he is a steal for what he brings at his salary.

Higgins could fetch a 2nd but a first is a huge stretch. If he could get us a first rounder in 2015 I'd think that would be a no brainer if he would waive his ntc.

i suspect the core group (and peripherals like higgins and hansen) were told by management at the beginning of the year that if they were a playoff team come the deadline, they'd be kept together for another kick at the cat.

change will happen this summer.

Archived