The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Edmonton Oilers win the McDavid Sweepstakes

Zfetch

The Pens also had Malkin, Fleury, Staal, and Letang.

Edmonton has a good foundation, but will need to make some tough trades to fill in the holes.

If they just go status quo and don't trade anyone, it will be more of the same.

I'm not so sure this time around...getting McD is totally hitting the jackpot for the Oilers...They can now afford to package an Eberle or Yakopov + draft picks to fill those holes..With the addition of Nurse,Draisaitl and McD next year,they've pretty much got the building blocks in place (most pressing need is in goal and defence)....In three years,they will most likely be competing for the cup.

I couldn't believe it when I heard. Yet another young phenom for them to screw up

And Buffalo's GM's comments made it sound like he was on the verge of tears. Wonder how Eichel feels about that - that the GM of the team he's likely to end up playing for was absolutely devastated at getting him

UNREAL. NOOOOOOOO

However, if McDavid can somehow bring them a cup again, oh boy Oilers fans will be calling him the second coming of Gretzky.

You need 96 points to make the playoffs, they are so for away from that it's incredible.

Imagine this Scenario:

At the Hallowed halls of NHL Front Office, New York City US of A.

Bettman: you had ONE job Daly, ONE frickin J.O.B!!!!!!!!!

Daly: Sorry, Dark Lord!! We shall fire, nay, eliminate the entire Lottery staff!!!

Bettman: Christ! You better, now how in HE double hockey sticks do we fix this??

Daly: I dont know , my Leige...may pull a Lindros??

Bettman: Shut up fool...

Daly: OR...we fold Edmonton, move the team to Vegas and the Cup stays below the 49th ??

Bettman: Hmmmm

Daly: Yes we DO have those Photos of Katz for futures...

Bettman: Kiss my Signet Ring!!

Daly: Yes, My King!!

Slow fade to black...

Imagine this Scenario:

At the Hallowed halls of NHL Front Office, New York City US of A.

Bettman: you had ONE job Daly, ONE frickin J.O.B!!!!!!!!!

Daly: Sorry, Dark Lord!! We shall fire, nay, eliminate the entire Lottery staff!!!

Bettman: Christ! You better, now how in HE double hockey sticks do we fix this??

Daly: I dont know , my Leige...may pull a Lindros??

Bettman: Shut up fool...

Daly: OR...we fold Edmonton, move the team to Vegas and the Cup stays below the 49th ??

Bettman: Hmmmm

Daly: Yes we DO have those Photos of Katz for futures...

Bettman: Kiss my Signet Ring!!

Daly: Yes, My King!!

Slow fade to black...

I cringed reading this.

If they can flip Nuge, Eberle, Yak (any or all) then they can start to build a real team. Draisaital and Nurse coming in as rooks should help take soooome pressure off McJesus. If I'm Benning im calling Edmonton on a weekly basis this summer, let's steal one of their "busts"

If there's any team that could ruin a true blue chip prospect like McDavid its Edmonton lol. With that said the kid seems to be a class act and will in all likelihood report to the Oilers.

I live in Sherwood Park and I had to chuckle when I heard MacT say offense wins games and he liked the team they have - NEWSFLASH - defense wins championships, as does goaltending - 2 things the Oilers do not have.

Personally I'd move Hall as the return would be fantastic and I personally think he's the weakest link in E Town

If there's any team that could ruin a true blue chip prospect like McDavid its Edmonton lol. With that said the kid seems to be a class act and will in all likelihood report to the Oilers.

I live in Sherwood Park and I had to chuckle when I heard MacT say offense wins games and he liked the team they have - NEWSFLASH - defense wins championships, as does goaltending - 2 things the Oilers do not have.

Personally I'd move Hall as the return would be fantastic and I personally think he's the weakest link in E Town

You're crazy.

On a team featuring Jordan Eberle and Nail Yakupov, you consider Taylor Hall to be the weakest link?

Hall has yet to play an entire season for the Oilers - plays recklessly and has already had injury issues at a very young age. Eberle doesn't get the respect he deserves and Yak with McDavid could be magic. Just my opinion

Pretty sure at this point, Yakupov and the D core are the Oilers weakest links. Hall's reckless, but has proven himself in the league.

The one year they had Chris Pronger they got to the cup finals.

Then they traded him and have sucked ever since.

Mactavish coached that team with Pronger so he should know what it meant to have a great d-man.

The entire Oilers organization has some sick obsession with young skilled forwards, it's getting creepy.

Edmonton's biggest mistake was not trading the 1st overall in 2012. Yakupov's screwed them over hard, because with McDavid, they have an absolutely filthy top 6, but still no D or goaltending...

I used to think this too, but with how things have turned(this wknd) one could argue they've stumbled upon the perfect path...

This is going to be interesting. The nice part is that I get to see most of his games (since I'm in the city). The down side is I get to listen to another round of parade planning by Oiler fans. They so enjoy their "saviours" around here.

But I'm not worried. Knowing the current Oiler brain trust, they'll probably "stick with the plan" and draft Hanifin.

Just watch. The oilers will mess up and finally draft a defensemen and pass on mcdavid and eichel.

People talking like edmonton has already drafted Mcdavid need to remember a lot can still happen especially with the joke that The oilers management is.

With power comes responsibility and oilers management is anything but.

Archived