The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

On 11/05/2017 at 10:21 AM, ruilin96 said:

Wonder where are all of you people now? B)

Good call. The surfer resemblance was pretty striking.

Real glad Brock hasn't been one of a long list of Canuck 'Patrick White' draftees.

Benning has done a heck of a lot in the last two years.

On 11/5/2017 at 10:59 AM, Zhukini said:

McDavid

Eichel

Provorov

Werenski

Marner

Boeser

Is what I'd do. So he'd slot up to 6th

Personally would be a coin toss for me with Werenski and I would take Boeser over Marner every day of the week as same floor but BB has a much higher ceiling and is built for a longer career as Marner, like a lot of the waterbugs in the league, can crash/burn after a few hard bumps.

24 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Brock's feet aren't the fastest, so it's really nice that his hands and his brain are blazingly fast. It's just as well, because if his skating was as fast as his hands and his brain, there would be no chance in the world he would have been available to us at 23rd.

Edited by WeneedLumme
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Personally would be a coin toss for me with Werenski and I would take Boeser over Marner every day of the week as same floor but BB has a much higher ceiling and is built for a longer career as Marner, like a lot of the waterbugs in the league, can crash/burn after a few hard bumps.

Werenski is an elite first unit D-man in the league at the age of 20. Not a lot of those to go around. Just based on position alone, he's more valuable than a top 6 winger. 

As for Marner, he had 61 points in 77 games last season. That's nothing to scoff at. 

24 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Werenski is an elite first unit D-man in the league at the age of 20. Not a lot of those to go around. Just based on position alone, he's more valuable than a top 6 winger. 

As for Marner, he had 61 points in 77 games last season. That's nothing to scoff at. 

All comparisons (and McDavid) aside.... 2015 is looking like it will be one of those draft years that produces a lot of quality players.  

4 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Brock's feet aren't the fastest, so it's really nice that his hands and his brain are blazingly fast. It's just as well, because if his skating was as fast as his hands and his brain, there would be no chance in the world he would have been available to us at 23rd.

Odds on Bo introduces Brock to his skating coach

12 hours ago, guntrix said:

I stand by my opinion.   I think Werenski has holes in his game and though he has lots of upside, a first line winger capable of scoring 40 plus goals is a rarity in today's game and I think Boeser has that.   Marner has soooo many secondary assists last season and as you can see this year, with slightly lesser linemates he makes much less happen.    

No scoffing here - just saying that if I were a GM and had the 5th overall choice back in that draft and Boeser was available and the other four were gone, I would take him.  You wouldn't.   See you in the playoffs where we can see how well your Werenski shuts down my Boeser or how Marner stacks up against Brock.   :lol:

13 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I stand by my opinion.   I think Werenski has holes in his game and though he has lots of upside, a first line winger capable of scoring 40 plus goals is a rarity in today's game and I think Boeser has that.   Marner has soooo many secondary assists last season and as you can see this year, with slightly lesser linemates he makes much less happen.    

No scoffing here - just saying that if I were a GM and had the 5th overall choice back in that draft and Boeser was available and the other four were gone, I would take him.  You wouldn't.   See you in the playoffs where we can see how well your Werenski shuts down my Boeser or how Marner stacks up against Brock.   :lol:

Here's the way I see it:

1) Good defenders tend to be tougher to come by. Good young defenders are even tougher to come by.

2) While Werenski might have some holes in his game, Boeser is still inexperienced (although at the rate he's going he might prove that isn't so much a factor for him).... Still, Boeser hasn't even played 20 games as of yet. Not saying to not have faith on him but also don't let those diamonds blind you. ;)

I'd say right now Werenski would still be above him; however, I also think Boeser could easily develop and outperform Werenski by the end of the year. That's obviously just positive speculation at this point, but it would be nice to see. :)

As far as Marner goes, I might agree with you there, but it still comes to Boeser only having played 20 games. I do prefer Boeser's style of play though.

Edited by The Lock