The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

46 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He got to see his son live out his dream, as a father I can say that would be my own dream to see my son succeed.

Best wishes to the entire Boeser family during this tough time. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Alf…..take a break pls

You're quoting a classless POS.

Sad sad day for the Canucks community, and so sorry for what Brock and his family are going through.  Duke calling out the roster must have been such a special day for the Boeser family.  The world loses another champion today. 

Edited by bigbadcanucks

Really feel for Brock, hockey-aside this is tough for any young person to go through.

I'm sure he'll dedicate next season to his dad and it'll be a heck of an emotional year, especially when he scores some big goals, you'll know they'll be for Duke.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unless JR is talkin out of his rear end, looks like Boeser is probably here to stay. Curious to see how he would make big moves in that case. Probably would involve trading existing big contracts.

9 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Unless JR is talkin out of his rear end, looks like Boeser is probably here to stay. Curious to see how he would make big moves in that case. Probably would involve trading existing big contracts.

Myers, Pearson, Dickie, Poolman, 12 mil right there. Two are probably easy to move, two no so much but its going to cost something to fix the Poolman mistake. Dickie might be a waiver pickup for someone like Ottawa. 

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Miller, Bo, Garland.  

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Fify

No way our team could handle losing 2 centers.

I think Bo is the centre to go.  We could get just as much for Bo (maybe more?) and extend Miller and put the C on him too.

Love Bo, but we just can’t afford both and have a balanced lineup.  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think Bo is the centre to go.  We could get just as much for Bo (maybe more?) and extend Miller and put the C on him too.

Imo, JT is worth more in a trade and has a much higher cap hit than Bo.  You never know when it comes to a trade

though.  Bo is reaching his prime and may turn into a monster in the playoffs for some team.  But that would

that mean the management made a mistake in trading Bo?:shock:

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

Myers, Pearson, Dickie, Poolman, 12 mil right there. Two are probably easy to move, two no so much but its going to cost something to fix the Poolman mistake. Dickie might be a waiver pickup for someone like Ottawa. 

When it comes to Dickinson, bury him in the minors by way of loaning him to some other team's AHL franchise and get the $1.25M cap relief or simply buy him out for $1M cap hit in 2022-23, 2024-25 and 2025-26 and $400K in 2023-24.  He's of no value to the Canucks.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

When it comes to Dickinson, bury him in the minors by way of loaning him to some other team's AHL franchise and get the $1.25M cap relief or simply buy him out for $1M cap hit in 2022-23, 2024-25 and 2025-26 and $400K in 2023-24.  He's of no value to the Canucks.

Dickinson, when put on Petey’s wing later in the season, actually do pretty good. Maybe we keep him and move Pearson?

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Imo, JT is worth more in a trade and has a much higher cap hit than Bo.  You never know when it comes to a trade

though.  Bo is reaching his prime and may turn into a monster in the playoffs for some team.  But that would

that mean the management made a mistake in trading Bo?:shock:

Trading Bo or JT i would expect to see either excel on a contending team

I wouldn't view it as a mistake, just that the window of opportunity for their prime didn't match our opportunity for our prime run for the cup and we were better off making use of them for that asset rather than wasting their prime by keeping them and hurting our opportunity to build toward the teams prime opportunity

Bo, JT and BB are all great players that we don't have the luxury of keeping for that time while needing to strengthen weaker areas

Edited by ba;;isticsports

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

A 2C is not worth equal to or more than an elite 1C.

3 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

This approach is too costly when you weigh it up against a possible bounce back year from Dickie. 

If he doesn't bounce back, well, then it's time to look at some options. His cap hit isn't the most critical to be moved out. I'd rather see Pearson get moved without costing us anything.