The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

26 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Let's hope he doesn't decide to quit hockey to pursue academics...

having said that, he's in a good place to do both!

No, my concern is they might pull a Schultz, because that seems to be becoming more and more popular 

41 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

No, my concern is they might pull a Schultz, because that seems to be becoming more and more popular 

True, he seems pretty dedicated to hockey tho and I'd think he wouldn't want to turn down a shot to play earlier, either way let's hope the Canucks don't let him slip through the cracks.  

11 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

True, he seems pretty dedicated to hockey tho and I'd think he wouldn't want to turn down a shot to play earlier, either way let's hope the Canucks don't let him slip through the cracks.  

sending Trevor Linden to watch his games (and hopefully scout Stetcher a little bit :) ) is a strong play by the org to make sure Brock knows he is in the plans.

People overstate how often a drafted NCAA player decides to go full term and exercise the UFA option. Boeser is good enough that I doubt he plays 4 years just to do so, when he'll likely be pro ready after year 2 or 3 and sign then, so that's an even stronger case against that happening.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, elvis15 said:

People overstate how often a drafted NCAA player decides to go full term and exercise the UFA option. Boeser is good enough that I doubt he plays 4 years just to do so, when he'll likely be pro ready after year 2 or 3 and sign then, so that's an even stronger case against that happening.

Totally true...he can start making millions sooner while the body is still young. ...can always get that degree later after hockey.

5 minutes ago, Nd1989 said:

Toews had 22 in his rookie year, so brock = toews :rolleyes:

No, of course not. They're completely different players. Let's not put words in people's mouths shall we.

Just a fun talking point and it does speak to his potential.