The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Something I found interesting is if you look in their draft update video they have some rankings in the background with Boeser at 12. Don't want to read too much into as it looks like Nattinen is at 13 but interesting.

2rhodcj.jpg

Wonder what the 2/3 .... 1/3....3/4.....3/2.. ......3 mean

Something I found interesting is if you look in their draft update video they have some rankings in the background with Boeser at 12. Don't want to read too much into as it looks like Nattinen is at 13 but interesting.

2rhodcj.jpg

Also looks like Ek is right above Boeser...

FAVORITES

NHL team: Minnesota Wild
NHL player: Derek Stepan
Shootout move: "Stick handle in, shoot low glove/blocker"
Goal celebration: "One knee up, small downward punch"
Video game: NHL 15
Movie: Never Back Down
TV show: Gossip Girl
Actor: Blake Lively
Music group: One Direction
Sport (other than hockey): Baseball
Athlete (non-hockey): Brett Favre

Overall, very happy with the pick.

I'm happy with it. I had him as 4th on my list of guys I wanted, Chabot, and Eriksson Ek were taking and it's looking like Kylington slides to the 2nd.

Boeser really does have it all in terms of an offensive game. He's got a hell of a wrister, isn't afraid to go to the net, has great puck possession, and vision to make passes. He also brings a physical edge and is praised for his 2-way play. On top of all this, he's got a great compete level and the x-factor of being extremely motivated due to circumstances in his personal life. He's a can't miss prospect in my opinion. Even if his offensive game doesn't translate in the NHL, he brings so many other factors that he can't be overlooked.

Patrick Sharp comparison. His offensive instincts look really good. Always in the right spots and finds his shot quickly. Looking forward to watching him grow as a player.

I will say that I really wanted a dman but in JB I trust.

2rhodcj.jpg

That is a very interesting board, even from the little we can see.

Really good pick. I think the USHL is very underrated, a lot of later 1st round and 2nd round picks become really solid players.

Kyle Okposo, Sam Gagner, Jeff Petry, Max Pacioretty, John Carlson, Justin Abdelkader, David Backes, Keith Ballard, Matt Carle, Alex Chiasson, Justin Faulk, John Gibson, Zemgus Girgensons, Alex Goligoski, Matt Greene, Martin Hanzal, Seth Jones, Rostislav Klesla, Dylan Larkin*, J.T. Miller, John Moore, Matt Nieto, T.J. Oshie, Brandon Saad, Jaden Schwartz, Paul Stastny, Mark Stuart, Jared Tinordi, Jacob Trouba, Thomas Vanek, Patrick Wiercoch, Jimmy Hayes, Blake Wheeler

35 goals is very impressive. Here are USHL goal totals at draft year (in some cases 1 year before or after) amongst a number of successful NHLers:

Okposo: 27G 50GP
Gagner: 11G 56GP
Pacioretty: 21G 60GP
Abdelkader: 27G 60GP

Backes: 28G 57 GP
Chiasson: 17G 57GP
Girgensons: 24G 49GP

Hanzal: 4G 19GP
J.T. Miller: 3G 21GP
Nieto: 14G 21GP
Saad: 12G 24GP
Oshie: 3G 11GP
Schwartz: 33G 60GP
Stastny: 30G 56GP
Vanek: 46G 53GP

Hayes: 4G 21GP
Wheeler: 19G 58GP

Boeser is in some very good company. Only Vanek scored more goals, and he is an elite level sniper.

I would expect Boeser to be in the 40-50 point range, and a guy who regularly scores 20 goals and might hit 30 once or twice.

• Upvote 3

We pass on team need, it's because the BPA was there.

We pass on BPA too, it's because character.

We see guy bust, we claim hindsight.

At this rate 'we' will become 'they' for a lot of people here in short order.

Dude... What is wrong with you seriously?

Really good pick. I think the USHL is very underrated, a lot of later 1st round and 2nd round picks become really solid players.

Kyle Okposo, Sam Gagner, Jeff Petry, Max Pacioretty, John Carlson, Justin Abdelkader, David Backes, Keith Ballard, Matt Carle, Alex Chiasson, Justin Faulk, John Gibson, Zemgus Girgensons, Alex Goligoski, Matt Greene, Martin Hanzal, Seth Jones, Rostislav Klesla, Dylan Larkin*, J.T. Miller, John Moore, Matt Nieto, T.J. Oshie, Brandon Saad, Jaden Schwartz, Paul Stastny, Mark Stuart, Jared Tinordi, Jacob Trouba, Thomas Vanek, Patrick Wiercoch, Jimmy Hayes, Blake Wheeler

35 goals is very impressive. Here are USHL goal totals at draft year (in some cases 1 year before or after) amongst a number of successful NHLers:

Boeser is in some very good company. Only Vanek scored more goals, and he is an elite level sniper.

I would expect Boeser to be in the 40-50 point range, and a guy who regularly scores 20 goals and might hit 30 once or twice.

This is encouraging for sure

My favourite comparable is probably Saad, but Paches, and Okposo are all great comparables

Thanks a lot for that post. I'm neither for or against.

(As most should be at this point)

Thanks for this stat, truly. Nobody can argue about the quality of names there. being tied for 1st in a echelon like that is pretty, pretty, pretty special.

It really doesn't sway me either way, but its great to have statistics.

Edited by Western Red

FAVORITES

NHL team: Minnesota Wild

NHL player: Derek Stepan

Shootout move: "Stick handle in, shoot low glove/blocker"

Goal celebration: "One knee up, small downward punch"

Video game: NHL 15

Movie: Never Back Down

TV show: Gossip Girl

Actor: Blake Lively

Music group: One Direction

Sport (other than hockey): Baseball

Athlete (non-hockey): Brett Favre

Overall, very happy with the pick.

lol he must have been heart broken when Zane left the band

We pass on team need, it's because the BPA was there.

We pass on BPA too, it's because character.

We see guy bust, we claim hindsight.

At this rate 'we' will become 'they' for a lot of people here in short order.

Can this happen to you, like, yesterday?

The amount of judgement on CDC despite (1) nobody seeing this guy play live, (2) very very few people seeing this guy play on TV, and (3) nobody being particularly amazing at judging talent to begin with, is just absolutely ridiculous.

It would be hilarious if this were a medical forum. The same people here would be talking about how their doctors are idiots and they are sure that they have ebola because they read about symptoms on WebMD.

I get this is a forum, and opinions are supposed to be shared, but the line between opinion and delusion is pretty &^@#ing thick, but people seem to cross it with ease.

2rhodcj.jpg

I'm glad to see Christian Fischer in there.