The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

20 minutes ago, fourtwentyfour said:

Sorry for the late response. This is the source.

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/rumor-team-could-close-on-a-deal-with-first-round-pick-as-soon-as-today/?ref=seb

RUMOR: Team could close on a deal with first round pick as soon as today!

On TSN 1040 Vancouver, Bob McKenzie (TSN insider) revealed interesting information regarding the Vancouver Canucks and a potential move that could occur as soon as today.

According to McKenzie, Jim Benning could offer a professional contract to their former first round pick of the 2015 NHL entry draft, Brock Boeser, as soon as today. Brock Boeser is a 20-year-old right winger that mainly played for the University of North Dakota. The 6ft1, 191 pounds scored 15 goals and registered 16 assists in 29 games in the NCAA leagues.

Interesting fact, Brock Boeser could be in the Vancouver Canucks' lineup as soon as this year to join the push for playoffs. As soon as the NCAA season is over on April 9th, Boeser could join the Canucks.

As per Hockey’s Future, Boeser has great puck skills, an accurate shot and a very quick release. He is an excellent passer as well. Like most young, offensively oriented forwards, he needs to work on the defensive aspects of his game. He will need to bulk up to be able to dominate at the NHL level. Long term Boeser projects as second or third line winger with scoring ability and a two-way game.

Share on Faceboo

Interesting but Im not sure I believe it. Or at least I don't think Boeser is going to sign or think too much about that stuff until his season in UND is over.

EDIT:  http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/mckenzie-canucks-prepared-to-burn-a-year-of-boeser-s-contract-1.696109

This is the link, I don't know if the guys at hockey feed were listening, unless I missed something haha

Edited by RetroCanuck

8 hours ago, fourtwentyfour said:

I read he might sign today! Gmjb said he sees him as a second or third line winger.ive always hoped he would be our first. Am I over evaluating him or does Jimbo hope for someone even better?

I think he means that's where he'll start out from, not where he'll eventually end up.

18 hours ago, fourtwentyfour said:

I read he might sign today! Gmjb said he sees him as a second or third line winger.ive always hoped he would be our first. Am I over evaluating him or does Jimbo hope for someone even better?

Probably meant for next season?

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎14 at 5:52 PM, PunjabiCanucks said:

What happens if we aren't able to sign Boeser? as in he doesn't want to play for us"

Boeser will sign with the Canucks but to answer your question:

One important note is that if Boeser does opt to become a free agent in the summer of 2019, the Canucks will receive a compensatory second round pick as they selected Boeser in the first round.

1 minute ago, Fan since 82 said:

Where did he go anyway? Kinda wierd not having him around. 

100% Contrarian views (unfortunately) don't seem to be accepted here:(

Do we see Boeser here this season, or does he go to the AHL?

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Depends....if Boeser's team (UND) gets through the tournament next week, if they do then he will be playing with them in the National (NCAA) tourney.,.if we only have one or two games left by the time he's done....I think they send him straight to Utica.   The last 2 games are bound to be real stinkers that may not be ideal for an NHL debut.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think it depends on the wrist and how far they go in the frozen 4. I have no worry that he won't sign with Van even if it's not after this year.

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Depends....if Boeser's team (UND) gets through the tournament next week, if they do then he will be playing with them in the National (NCAA) tourney.,.if we only have one or two games left by the time he's done....I think they send him straight to Utica.   The last 2 games are bound to be real stinkers that may not be ideal for an NHL debut.

From various perspectives -- pro exposure, PR, etc. -- I think they bring him here, even if for just two games.  Nothing at all wrong with watching him have a go at the Oil to finish up the season, flashing that wrister as a teaser preview for next year.

Probably the most-anticipated prospect we've had for a long time.  He's almost here :)

9 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

From various perspectives -- pro exposure, PR, etc. -- I think they bring him here, even if for just two games.  Nothing at all wrong with watching him have a go at the Oil to finish up the season, flashing that wrister as a teaser preview for next year.

Probably the most-anticipated prospect we've had for a long time.  He's almost here :)

Flames did the same think with Johnny getting him in one game to end the season

22 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

12 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Flames did the same think with Johnny getting him in one game to end the season

Would sure give folks a reason to tune in to/buy tix for games they might not have...

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I hope Boeser can maybe get into at least 5 games this season. Regarding next season, I'd like to give him " the 9 game trail" and if he looks like he could use some time in Utica so be it. 

Whats the point of the 9 game trial... his contract won't slide lol. 

Edited by Gooseberries
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

Whats the point of the 9 game trial... his contract won't slide lol. 

I think he means evaluate him after 9 games like Virtanen this season and if he's not doing well, send him back to Utica. Which I'm down for. I don't want to rush anybody after seeing what happened to Virtanen. Can't ruin anymore prospects. 

Although I do think Boeser will be just fine.

14 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I think he means evaluate him after 9 games like Virtanen this season and if he's not doing well, send him back to Utica. Which I'm down for. I don't want to rush anybody after seeing what happened to Virtanen. Can't ruin anymore prospects. 

Although I do think Boeser will be just fine.

Why not a 10 hame trial. Lol I get what he's getting at I just relate the "9 game trial" to the sliding contracts.

I just want him and other people to realize that it could be a 8 9 10 or 15 game trial and wouldn't effect his contract or call up eligibility.

Edited by Gooseberries

Bucci Mane‏Verified account @Buccigross

Crazy stuff could happen to keep North Dakota out of NCAAs. A win #1 Denver tonight in NCHC Final Four would seal it.

No. 1 Denver vs. No. 4 North Dakota

• What: NCHC semifinal
  • When: 7:38 p.m. Friday
  • Where: Target Center