The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 hour ago, Bigturk8 said:

Saw this on reddit and have been giggling like an idiot since I saw it. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did.

https://streamable.com/iva1g

Buddy you just made my day. Now I have the giggles lol. Which is awesome because I'm on vacation in mexicoooo right now, beer plus this video is making me laugh so hard by the pool... people are staring. Cheers!

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is why I like old discussion threads like this one. You can see a timeline starting from when the player was drafted up until the present day. You should go back to the earlier pages of this thread for the laughs.

what a comedy...in the first 5 pages guys were crying that JB didnt pick Oliver Kylington instead of Brock, others proclaiming that JB had just picked Patrick White.

I hope we can analyze the Juolevi thread the same way one day  soon ;-)

14 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

This Reddit thread has been the best waste of time I've had in a while: 

Once again, Murray is just pathetic looking to deflect blame for being a complete and total sieve. I wonder if his fellow Penguins were looking at those goals and laughing as he hung them out to dry.

On 11/22/2017 at 7:23 PM, Fakename70 said:

But you are? I'm not the one who dug up a comment from 6 months ago and trolled the person who gave an opinion that so far has been wrong. That's what you and 1-2 others have done. Just be sure to be man enough to come find me again in another 6 months since you apparently don't have much else going on if/when Boeser hits the wall and his stats nosedive. 

If you're going to call someone out online, don't act surprised and/or scold them for not "accepting it and moving on" when you get a response. 

For the record, I did not dig up your quotes. Get your facts straight. I didn't even call you out. All I basically said was to accept you are wrong and move on. I'm not even surprised you are acting this way as not everyone knows how to handle criticism. Anyway, this type of discussion shouldn't be on here and if you actually have a problem with what I said take it up with me in private messages.

Alright, to get more on topic. I can honestly say I haven't been this excited about a rookie in our lineup for a longtime (and yes, I am even taking into consideration Horvat a couple of years ago ;)).

Edited by The Lock

On 6/26/2015 at 6:43 PM, BanTSN said:

Disappointing.

On 6/26/2015 at 6:38 PM, Blueberries said:

WTF. We needed a DMAN a stud inn Kylington and we draft what a RW wtf.

On 6/26/2015 at 6:39 PM, BoKnows said:

Wanted Konency

On 6/26/2015 at 6:45 PM, SOB for MVP said:

Wanted Konecny or Kylington

On 6/26/2015 at 6:46 PM, BlackOut said:

Wtf next Patrick white

On 6/26/2015 at 6:46 PM, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

yaay another 3rd line guy. Thank you Benning, keep filling this team up with 3rd line guys. Thank you benning freaking thank you!

Years from now we will be saying " we could of had Travis Konecy"

On 6/26/2015 at 6:50 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

And now we begin the long and arduous task of turning him into a defenseman.

Couple moments of free time at work.

These gems are just from the first couple pages of this thread - pure comedy......enjoy folks:lol:.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

So if The 2015 draft was re-done today, how would you guys have the top ten go? I would go with the following. Leaving Strome out of the top ten because he hasn't done squat to warn himself a spot on the worst team since the draft.

McMuffin

Werenski

Boeser
Barzal

Eichel

Marner 

Rantanaan

Provorov

Aho

Hanafin

I put Werenski, Boeser and Barzal ahead of Eichel because they have made a difference for their teams. JE has not elevated the play of his teams like those guys have since they have come into the league.

27 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Couple moments of free time at work.

These gems are just from the first couple pages of this thread - pure comedy......enjoy folks:lol:.

I am guessing a "couple" is an understatement. But don't worry, your secret is safe with us.

As for draft day statements from fans, they are fun to look at, but none of us really has a good idea of how players are going to develop. Let's face it, both Boeser and Pettersson have been positive surprises for most of us. 

I tend to react negatively when high picks are "off the board" because the evidence indicates that is not a winning strategy. The scrutiny of top players is so good that "the board" is usually pretty accurate. But for anything outside the top 15 or so, the judgement of scouts and GMs becomes very important and that is where Benning has done well.

36 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

So if The 2015 draft was re-done today, how would you guys have the top ten go? I would go with the following. Leaving Strome out of the top ten because he hasn't done squat to warn himself a spot on the worst team since the draft.

McMuffin

Werenski

Boeser
Barzal

Eichel

Marner 

Rantanaan

Provorov

Aho

Hanafin

I put Werenski, Boeser and Barzal ahead of Eichel because they have made a difference for their teams. JE has not elevated the play of his teams like those guys have since they have come into the league.

As much as I love Boeser I think it's just absurd to put him ahead of Eichel and even Marner at this point. Boeser has played less than 30 games in his career and Eichel has shown that he is a superstar (while Boeser has shown potential that he can be). Buffalo is in large part a terribly run organization and it's hard to think that Boeser can make a difference for them too. 

• Upvote 2