The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

• 2 weeks later...

As part of asset management the team should negotiate an 8 years extension now. If Boeser is unwilling to discuss right now or they can’t come to an agreement they must explore trade options by the trade deadline. They can’t allow Boeser to go to arbitration and get an one year extension,

2 hours ago, Maddogy said:

As part of asset management the team should negotiate an 8 years extension now. If Boeser is unwilling to discuss right now or they can’t come to an agreement they must explore trade options by the trade deadline. They can’t allow Boeser to go to arbitration and get an one year extension,

Couldn't they trade him if he got the one year deal? 

55 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

Less trade value by then. One year deal walks him into free agency.

So they gotta commit to him before that, or get a lesser deal, or allow him to walk (if he leaves in UFA) for nothing. 

I can see Boeser signing with the Wild. Hometown, closer to his family/dad. Especially if the situation surrounding the team doesn't improve and next season is another bad season like this one. I suspect we'll need to clean house and start a new rebuild without Jim and Green at the helm. That would probably mean that Petey is gone, Bo's probably gone, Boeser gone, Miller gone. Because this club isn't a winner, especially if they're intending a full rebuild. 

IF Jim is at the helm at the next full rebuild, I think this fan base turns on the organization and becomes apathetic. We're not there yet, but I can see the day coming. Could be darker than the 97 season(s) where the team had such a talented group of players, but they were underwhelming for whatever reason. Bure, Mogilny, Messier (&^@# THAT MAN), etc., but they sucked balls. Goes to tell you that just because your team has the most talent, doesn't mean you win. There's a lot of "ingredients" needed, talent is one of them, but it's not everything. I thought Benning wanted character players - where is the character of this team right now

With how the season is going, maybe we'll get to sign Boeser to a discount for 3-4 years (5.5-6 million). 

Then we can see how he does/how the team does next season and if it is still going poorly then trade him for something. Young player with ability to produce, could likely get something for him. 

I know he has a qualifying offer option though right? Which is like 1 year at 7.5 million or something. That would be a unlucky outcome if he just signed that and left. 

1 hour ago, Maddogy said:

J.B. has likely set an internal cap ceiling. I don't know what that number is if Boeser is willing to sign a long term deal. 

Prediction:  Boeser will be qualified and then request a trade out of here.  

• Huggy Bear 1

On 11/18/2021 at 11:19 AM, N4ZZY said:

So they gotta commit to him before that, or get a lesser deal, or allow him to walk (if he leaves in UFA) for nothing. 

I can see Boeser signing with the Wild. Hometown, closer to his family/dad. Especially if the situation surrounding the team doesn't improve and next season is another bad season like this one. I suspect we'll need to clean house and start a new rebuild without Jim and Green at the helm. That would probably mean that Petey is gone, Bo's probably gone, Boeser gone, Miller gone. Because this club isn't a winner, especially if they're intending a full rebuild. 

IF Jim is at the helm at the next full rebuild, I think this fan base turns on the organization and becomes apathetic. We're not there yet, but I can see the day coming. Could be darker than the 97 season(s) where the team had such a talented group of players, but they were underwhelming for whatever reason. Bure, Mogilny, Messier (&^@# THAT MAN), etc., but they sucked balls. Goes to tell you that just because your team has the most talent, doesn't mean you win. There's a lot of "ingredients" needed, talent is one of them, but it's not everything. I thought Benning wanted character players - where is the character of this team right now

On 11/18/2021 at 1:22 PM, Bobby James said:

With how the season is going, maybe we'll get to sign Boeser to a discount for 3-4 years (5.5-6 million). 

Then we can see how he does/how the team does next season and if it is still going poorly then trade him for something. Young player with ability to produce, could likely get something for him. 

I know he has a qualifying offer option though right? Which is like 1 year at 7.5 million or something. That would be a unlucky outcome if he just signed that and left. 

Bobby JAMES you know Brock has an agent, right?

I could see Brock not signing with the Canucks and sending his agent into Jim's office to say, "Trade Brock to Minnesota"

then letting that info slip out to the general public

where would Jim be then?

• Haha 1

On 11/18/2021 at 11:19 AM, N4ZZY said:

That would probably mean that Petey is gone, Bo's probably gone, Boeser gone, Miller gone. Because this club isn't a winner, especially if they're intending a full rebuild. 

I

Even if we do a full rebuild, Petey is not going anywhere. He is too young. Rebuilding teams do not trade away players of his age and caliber. Its not how rebuilds are done.

6 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Even if we do a full rebuild, Petey is not going anywhere. He is too young. Rebuilding teams do not trade away players of his age and caliber. Its not how rebuilds are done.

Full rebuild would result in the team not being competitive once his bridge deal is up.  At that point, he just has to sign his qualifying offer and we risk losing him for nothing.  

23 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Boeser has to go.

Not a good time to trade Brock.  Wait until after late January and see if his game improves.  If it does, the Rangers will be wanting him badly.  If his poor performance continues into next season, he'll be very hard to move (QA will see to that).