The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

13 hours ago, GoodCanadianKideh said:

Reading this brought a smile to my face:

"I don't think I've ever seen a professional athlete like that before in real life," said Adam Gaudette, who played five games with the Canucks last year and is competing for a spot on this season's roster.

"It's pretty cool to come in see. I'm just trying to watch what he does on and off the ice. ... I'm just trying to emulate him as much as possible."

TSN and The Canadian Press article about Gaudette emulating Jay Beagle.

Well done GMJB, for bringing in highly motivated veterans to help guide and mentor our young prospects.  

Excellent post.  I love reading stuff like this.  JB knows Beagle has the reputation for not only playing the right way, but he knows how to get into incredible condition off the ice.  Hearing our young very talented players are learning about being a complete professional from Beagle is great news.  Now, combine Beagle's incredible commitment to fitness and being a professional with the elite skills of some of our younger guys, like Gaudette, and we end up with super players, who make it to their top level.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, GoodCanadianKideh said:

Reading this brought a smile to my face:

"I don't think I've ever seen a professional athlete like that before in real life," said Adam Gaudette, who played five games with the Canucks last year and is competing for a spot on this season's roster.

"It's pretty cool to come in see. I'm just trying to watch what he does on and off the ice. ... I'm just trying to emulate him as much as possible."

TSN and The Canadian Press article about Gaudette emulating Jay Beagle.

Well done GMJB, for bringing in highly motivated veterans to help guide and mentor our young prospects.  

Expert fans take notice. Jim Benning is not an idiot. When you hear comments like this you can see theres more to the Beagle signing that most of us didnt even know. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Why not?  And what about the other prospects that will join the team in that timeframe?  And since when are things like TRADES no longer engaged in when it's time to move on?

You're wasting you're time even responding to someone who is fixated on Beagle and the length of his contract while totally tuning out the fact that Beagle can be traded at any time during said contract if someone better can take his place. I think he just likes to stir $%^& up to stroke his ego.

21 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

You're wasting you're time even responding to someone who is fixated on Beagle and the length of his contract while totally tuning out the fact that Beagle can be traded at any time during said contract if someone better can take his place. I think he just likes to stir $%^& up to stroke his ego.

OR he just doesn't like the contract.

Just now, Kootenay Gold said:

He's not footing the bill and the team is not up against the cap. He really needs to move on from his fixation and find better things to discuss.

But, if say in two years, we're a playoff team again and we are up against the cap, that contract may end up looking a lot worse.

But regardless, the point is that you can't assume motive when someone says they don't like a contract. 

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

But, if say in two years, we're a playoff team again and we are up against the cap, that contract may end up looking a lot worse.

But regardless, the point is that you can't assume motive when someone says they don't like a contract. 

Why would the contract look worse? If they are up against the cap, they can trade him if need be!!! What is it about you and Appleboy and your lack of understanding that that contract can be moved out of town at any point in time before it runs its course???

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Why would the contract look worse? If they are up against the cap, they can trade him if need be!!! What is it about you and Appleboy and your lack of understanding that that contract can be moved out of town at any point in time before it runs its course???

Higgins. Booth. 

Why you so mad, bruh?

And again, regardless of what your opinion on the matter is, assuming the motive of the person is a pretty $&!# thing to do.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot

6 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

And again, regardless of what your opinion on the matter is, assuming the motive of the person is a pretty $&!# thing to do.

I will always question the motive when someone keeps coming back with the same old rant ad nauseam. I am a straight shooter and call a spade a spade. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

4 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Thanks, some folks like @appleboy need to see things like this.

People like @appleboy have likely never been in a real dressing room let alone a professional one and seen the incredible impact a dedicated player can have on the rest of the team - particularly impressionable rookies and newer to the league.   Beagle's legendary attention to fitness is up there with the Sedins and that should help any younger Canuck hopefuls who think they can make it on skill alone.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, appleboy said:

Ya, but does he need to emulate him for the next 4 year ? :rolleyes:

Hopefully a lot longer than that....would be good to see Gaudette have a 15 year career and emulate the professionalism and dedication to fitness and the game that Beagle does.   If Gaudette stopped those things in his fifth year that would be both odd and unfortunate.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

People like @appleboy have likely never been in a real dressing room let alone a professional one and seen the incredible impact a dedicated player can have on the rest of the team - particularly impressionable rookies and newer to the league.   Beagle's legendary attention to fitness is up there with the Sedins and that should help any younger Canuck hopefuls who think they can make it on skill alone.

I've never been in a real dressing room, yet I understand these things. How do you explain that Rob? Howwwwww!?

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

what does being in a dressing room have to do with anything ? 

1 hour ago, the grinder said:

what does being in a dressing room have to do with anything ? 

Seeing what goes on off the ice.   NHL players spend far more hours off the ice together than on the ice.   What goes on in the room, in practices, on travel days and during weight sessions is where impressions are made and lessons learned in far great number than during games.   During a game you have a set job and need to focus on that.   Off the ice, you have time to observer others and learn.

What someone like Gaudette and can learn from someone like Beagle "in the room" (which means outside of the actual game...and includes between periods and before first puck drop) is far more than apparently many can appreciate (given some of the comments made, it is clearly evident they don't understand that at all).

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Seeing what goes on off the ice.   NHL players spend far more hours off the ice together than on the ice.   What goes on in the room, in practices, on travel days and during weight sessions is where impressions are made and lessons learned in far great number than during games.   During a game you have a set job and need to focus on that.   Off the ice, you have time to observer others and learn.

What someone like Gaudette and can learn from someone like Beagle "in the room" (which means outside of the actual game...and includes between periods and before first puck drop) is far more than apparently many can appreciate (given some of the comments made, it is clearly evident they don't understand that at all).

No  doubt Jay Beagle can show the rooks many things about professional habits and dedication.....

Hopefully the Canucks have a few other players that can also be role models for the kids...  I am thinking Bo is definately a great role model as well. 

• Upvote 1