The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lukas Jasek | RW

Shinkaruk is also only 20 years old.

Yes there's a good chance that these guys won't be first liners, but it's not impossible with some hard work. Who would have thought Edler would be a top pair defenseman at age 18? Not a whole lot of people on here.

Could turn out a 1st liner but I doubt it. I think he ends up as a 2nd liner or a fiesty 3rd line scorer.

I hope you're not being serious... Hutton and Brisebois do not have 1st pairing potential and Shinkaruk will not be a first liner. He doesn't have the elite speed or hands to make up for his size.

Wow, that is duuuuumb. Someone started their 4th of July drinking early. He's 5'11" 185lbs.

No because he wants to play in the Czech league next season.

He'll probably go straight to the AHL after that.

Hard to blame him. Play for pay in Europe versus in junior in Canada.

Good hockey experience training and playing against older more mature players as well.

i see shinkaruk being a kris versteeg.

Too bad everyone is fixated on forwards in the first round. Clearly Shinkaruk fell, when he had such an exciting toolbox, because his size and athleticism were not up to measure with many 1st round picks. Shea Theodore went a few picks later.

Wow, that is duuuuumb. Someone started their 4th of July drinking early. He's 5'11" 185lbs.

Do you watch games? He still gets thrown around in the AHL. He has one move and that's to go to the outside which rarely ever works for him. He doesn't have elite speed or elite hands like the rest of the first liners who are that size.

Nice try pal.

Too bad everyone is fixated on forwards in the first round. Clearly Shinkaruk fell, when he had such an exciting toolbox, because his size and athleticism were not up to measure with many 1st round picks. Shea Theodore went a few picks later.

You should be a GM...

i see shinkaruk being a kris versteeg.

Even though Versteeg didn't score much at junior he adapted well to the pro game with 49 points in 43 games as an AHL rookie. Interestingly, only 19 PIM. His third year in the AHL he had 174 pim in 59 games.

So Versteeg started out as a scorer and became much more physical likely with strength and physical maturity. Versteeg would be a best case for Shinkaruk, who had a very disappointing rookie year.

Do you watch games? He still gets thrown around in the AHL. He has one move and that's to go to the outside which rarely ever works for him. He doesn't have elite speed or elite hands like the rest of the first liners who are that size.

Nice try pal.

What in the actual &^@# are you talking about? Hunter is absolutely relentless in the corners and in front of the net. What games are you watching? You get Hunter is #9 right?

• Upvote 1

Nice try pal.

He could stand to get stronger, but he definitely doesn't get "thrown around" like you're claiming.

His battle level got better as the season went along, and he got more and more comfortable going into the corners. Just needs a bit more speed and strength to reach the next level.