The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ducks sign Mike Santorelli

Wow... Santorelli is a decent 3rd liner. I am surprised no one wanted to sign him.

How on earth does he keep getting these low value contracts...

It's astonishing that in a league where Jeff Petry gets $5.5m, Santorelli continues to muster one-year deals at less than $2m.

Perhaps it's time to consider the reality that he just isn't worth all that much.

He just has to pull it together for one season and he'll get a set for life contract.

He's not that good. He's a journeyman player, who can fill a role in a team's bottom six. He gets paid like a prospect, who could fill that spot, and he can get sent to the minors, and have no cap hiT.

How on earth does he keep getting these low value contracts...

Needs a better agent IMO.

I would have been happy had we signed him for double that amount even

I don't get it either. I was one of the guys who wanted to keep him and trade Kesler for pure prospects but the brass obviously didn't like him.

For whatever reason Santorelli is constantly getting low-balled. 1M for a 30-40 point scorer who can kill penalties and play well defensively is an absolute steal, 850K is disrespectful. He's still good for 15 goals and 35 points on a good team and he'll be the Ducks 4th line center, and the best one in the NHL at that.

Archived