The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Hunter Shinkaruk to Flames for Markus Granlund

6 minutes ago, canucksnhl said:

FIRE JB!

Well, if someone on an internet forum says it in ridiculously large block capitals then it has to happen!

I think Shinkaruk has more upside and I don't really understand the point of the trade, but I don't think it's the end of the world. Something else has to be going on behind the scenes.

holy frick.. read this one the Canucks fb page.. first read we traded for  Markus Granlund , and was excited saw him playing at the prospects games in Penticton and thought he was always one of the better flames prospects on the ice.. then I continues reading and saw it was for Hunter, all a sudden I'm not too sure. I feel like we must be missing something. Hunter maybe wanted a trade? I don't know.

6 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Why do you and others feel you have protect JB and defend every move he makes?  

Just like everyone defended the Kassian for Prust deal.  And now what do we have to show for that terrible move?

Wow I didn't realize I do that.  In fact I'm 100% sure I don't.  

I dislike more than a few moves he has made.

Interesting to know what you can read off of one post though.

Just now, TOMapleLaughs said:

Kinda looks like a move to shore up our center position, which makes sense looking at our banged-up centers. 

Long term it makes little sense though. Why shore up a position where when healthy you have Henrik, Horvat, Sutter, and McCann? Especially weakening a position where you need better in your top 9 going forward.

This move makes zero sense short term or long term

Archived