The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Troy Stecher | #51 | D

Gstank29

21 minutes ago, cabinessence said:

Again, your laziness prevails! Please re read my question. Did Karlsson play for the Canucks?  Also, please quote me where I said we should never consider one going forward. I would love to see that quote! I also did not trow out Biega. But if you believe he is a bonafide NHLer, good luck on building a winner.

"You have not provided any evidence to back-up your position that a sub 6' defenceman with the size of Stecher and his talents is doomed to failure." The evidence is that you cannot name one! Name one, just one!

The point is the effectiveness of NHL defensemen under 6'.  Who gives a rat's a$$ if they have played for the Canucks?!!  The point is that we would love to have a Karlsson or Keith type player. 

..and if you don't even know, or will not take responsibility, for what you are posting (Biega) no point continuing this dialogue.

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

The point is the effectiveness of NHL defensemen under 6'.  Who gives a rat's a$$ if they have played for the Canucks?!!  The point is that we would love to have a Karlsson or Keith type player. 

..and if you don't even know, or will not take responsibility, for what you are posting (Biega) no point continuing this dialogue.

I guess, apology accepted. 

1 minute ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Everyone seems to have suddenly forgotten how built this guy is. 190 pounds at 5'10 is pretty damn big.

Or is he really 5'8" and 170lbs?  I like the signing, but will wait and see just how heavy he really is.  

TSN Radio Vancouver @TSN1040 27m27 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario

Stecher: As a little kid, I always dreamed of playing for the Canucks. But I made this decision based on the information available.

TSN Radio Vancouver @TSN1040 28m28 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario

Stecher: They showed interest a couple years ago, so there's been an open line of communication thru my college career.

• Upvote 3

Stecher on not drafted: I use that as fuel to become a better player, and I pride myself on not taking 'no' for an answer.

TSN Radio Vancouver @TSN1040 30m30 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario

Stecher on not being drafted: Oh yea, it killed. I hate to lose and I love to win, and I looked at the draft as a losing sequence in my life.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Stecher on not drafted: I use that as fuel to become a better player, and I pride myself on not taking 'no' for an answer.

TSN Radio Vancouver @TSN1040 30m30 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario

Stecher on not being drafted: Oh yea, it killed. I hate to lose and I love to win, and I looked at the draft as a losing sequence in my life.

This guys got the fire, I love it.

• Upvote 1