The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

• 2 weeks later...

there was a single interview on news 1130, and VC decided each quote needed to be posted to their individual threads...

all of the tweets are on their timelines: https://twitter.com/News1130Sports?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fprohockeytalk.nbcsports.com%2F2014%2F11%2F07%2Fcanucks-recall-jensen-from-ahl%2F&tw_i=530809059847733249&tw_p=tweetembed

Edited by avelanch
  • Upvote 1

Wish he would start popping a few more goals in - 1 goal in 16 games so far and goalless in 13 straight.

I tried to look up Gaunce's ice time and I can't find it. I think he is playing 4th line minutes with no power play time. That might explain his lack of production of late.

Edited by Tiger-Hearted

I tried to look up Gaunce's ice time and I can't find it. I think he is playing 4th line minutes with no power play time. That might explain his lack of production of late.

Nope.

Look at the posts above the GM and coach love his play.

Last I heard he was playing really well along side two of the better veterans on the team. Probably on the 2nd or 3rd line.

UticaHockey will know more but I am 100% positive he isn't on the 4th line.

So I looked up Gaunce on the AHL and they show his stats game by game here: http://theahl.com/stats/gamebygame.php?id=5645

It doesn't show you TOI, but you can click on the individual games in which he got a point - it looks like he's on the 1st unit PP (at least while Jensen was gone) because he assisted on Grenier's goal on Nov 14th with O'Reilly.

he steals a lot of pucks and makes many Kassian-esq passes though. He'll get there I reckon.

Yeah he's a solid player but I was wondering if he was getting into the dirty area to score or use his strong wrister much.

Nope.

Look at the posts above the GM and coach love his play.

Last I heard he was playing really well along side two of the better veterans on the team. Probably on the 2nd or 3rd line.

UticaHockey will know more but I am 100% positive he isn't on the 4th line.

Utica is rolling all their lines right now. Gaunce-Hamilton-Bancks is the 4th line on paper; though they are consistantly one of, if not Utica's best line.

This is projected to be a 3rd line center but we drafted him in the first round. I say the Canucks maybe trade him for a prospect D-man

I like Gaunce, and I don't necessarily agree with you, but the thought has occurred to me that with the Canucks depth at C (yes I know Gaunce plays C/LW), and lack of depth at D that a trade could occur. Gaunce has some notoriety, the trade Erie made to land him was one of the biggest in the OHL. With Horvat, Vey, Cassels, Gaunce, and McCann we're OK at centre.

Utica is rolling all their lines right now. Gaunce-Hamilton-Bancks is the 4th line on paper; though they are consistantly one of, if not Utica's best line.

Rolling 4 lines, exactly what the Canucks will be doing now that Horvat has broken through.

Utica doesn't have a real first line like the Canucks so they probably all get 14-16 minutes a game.

They are in first place by doing that. We will be in first place by doing that shortly...

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego

We wouldn't get a quality d-prospect for Gaunce at this point.

No point trading prospects unless it's for a big ticket player.

Aren't we supposed to be building our farm though, the Sedins won't be around forever.

Well you could argue that Horvat, McCann, and Cassels are better options down the middle than Gaunce.

If we could get a legit D-man on the brink like Brandon Gormley, then I would say yes.

But I would rather we not trade Gaunce. Our lack of D depth shouldn't be solved mid season, it should be solved in the offseason through the draft and free agency.

Well you could argue that Horvat, McCann, and Cassels are better options down the middle than Gaunce.

If we could get a legit D-man on the brink like Brandon Gormley, then I would say yes.

But I would rather we not trade Gaunce. Our lack of D depth shouldn't be solved mid season, it should be solved in the offseason through the draft and free agency.

Yes, unless it's a one off trade for a premier asset you can't acquire through free agency, I wouldn't trade Gaunce this early in the game, too much smarts and too big of a body.

This is projected to be a 3rd line center but we drafted him in the first round. I say the Canucks maybe trade him for a prospect D-man

Ya I think out of all of our center prospects he's the one we should trade if we looking to move any of them for a young defenseman.

I do like Gaunce though, so unless the deal makes alot of sense we should just hold onto him.

We wouldn't get a quality d-prospect for Gaunce at this point.

No point trading prospects unless it's for a big ticket player.

Aren't we supposed to be building our farm though, the Sedins won't be around forever.

Why not?

Sure we wouldn't get a top level prospect, but I don't see why we couldn't get a good D-prospect back, Gaunce is a 1st rounder who has been developing nicely.

This next draft will determine alot with Gaunce IMO.

If another big center is the best player available in the draft, then I think the writing is on the wall for Gaunce. We would have too much center depth and not enough depth on D.

However if the best player available is a D-man, then there's definitely still a spot available for Gaunce.

D is definitely this teams number one organizational need right now though.

If one of Hansen or Dorsett are injured again I'd like to see what he can do as 4th line LW for a few games. See if his defensive game is anywhere close to Horvats. If it is, that bodes well for us in the future. Remember when our forth line had glass, oreskovich and hodgson? Yeah, not exactly a defensive dynamo.

Robert haag maybe?

Come to think of it flyers need defenseman more than us. So they'd probably be out.

Edited by Gooseberries