The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

Given the history of your posts, I took the liberty of making a few edits for you there, buddy-boy.

Please refrain lumping in the rest of the CDC into the same class of cluelessness that you find yourself in. Thank you.

This is too funny! I don't know how to edit like you, but I'm sure glad you did!

I think the move to wing will ultimately benefit Gaunce. He can antagonize defensemen trying to get open for shots.

Plus, of course, it makes him more likely to join the team.

And its always nice to have a secondary face off man that knows how to take draws...and is pretty good at it too.

Gaunce is going to be a useful asset for us going forward. We don't have a lot of big bodies that can play a solid bottom six role.

If he continues to fill out and work on his consistency, he honestly reminds me of a Dwight King type prototype player. A guy who can use his size to dominate the boards and in front of the net, and play a sound 200 foot game. Those kind of guys are going to be plenty useful in tight games or playoff type games.

I honestly think Gaunce is a playoff player He is built to be in that mindset. He may be a dark horse but he could honestly steal a job or spot from Kenins or Higgins if he can show his tempo can be consistent.

Gaunce is going to be a useful asset for us going forward. We don't have a lot of big bodies that can play a solid bottom six role.

If he continues to fill out and work on his consistency, he honestly reminds me of a Dwight King type prototype player. A guy who can use his size to dominate the boards and in front of the net, and play a sound 200 foot game. Those kind of guys are going to be plenty useful in tight games or playoff type games.

I honestly think Gaunce is a playoff player He is built to be in that mindset. He may be a dark horse but he could honestly steal a job or spot from Kenins or Higgins if he can show his tempo can be consistent.

Wow! Excellent post. Guance could be a huge upgrade on Higgins. I think that's a bang on assessment.

It's hard to believe he's only 21, because he was drafted before most of our other prospects, but Gillis may have done a great job projecting his development. He has obvious maturity, much like Horvat, and has progressed each season (even if the stats don't show that).

I'm not sure he'll steal a spot from those guys, but here's hoping. Kenins looked great with Horvat last year, and that may help him. Whereas Higgins is just a steady veteran who is more or less a lock for 30+ points.

I really hope Benning values Gaunce, because he has done what both regimes have asked of him, and has worked really hard.

Nonetheless, one more AHL season would benefit him. I think it's more likely he'll join the big club next year when some guys are gone.

Edited by NaveJoseph

There are things that make King different. He plays with an edge and I'm pretty sure he has a bit more speed. That's why he's up. And has even go time with Kopitar when guys were injured. Kinda like Kassian, except he does what he is supposed & minus Zach's soft mitts with the puck.

There are more fundamentals to Brendan though. I think he's going to make it and be a useful player as well. Just an issue of time to find his niche, considering his toolbox...

I think setting your sights higher than Dwight King is advisable. Gaunce will contribute far more on the offensive side I believe. In his prime he will likely be top 6. I see a bit of Greg Adams style in his game.

Been hoping that Gaunce can develop into a Brandon Saad-like player though Saad no doubt has more natural offensive skills. I've liked Gaunce from day 1...like his size, versatility, leadership skills, heads up hockey style. IMO, his foot speed is adequate and he's positionally sound, so it's all about seizing the opportunity when given to him.

IMO, he's the most NHL-ready of our forward prospects right now.

• Upvote 2

I think setting your sights higher than Dwight King is advisable. Gaunce will contribute far more on the offensive side I believe. In his prime he will likely be top 6. I see a bit of Greg Adams style in his game.

Here's hoping. Anything close to Adams would be great

Keith Primeau?

Wouldn't that be unreal ! It would be nice if for once a group of our prospects over achieved. I am still pretty concerned with JBs plan to try to do two things at once (get good prospects and make the playoffs atcthe same time) because the last thing we want is for Bo to be 27 and not really have any good players to play with.