Gaunce No waivers

Shinkaruk No waivers

RW

Hansen

Virtanen No waivers

Dorsett

Grenier

Jensen

I think Gauncer can make the big club next year, but we're going to have to move 1 player at least on both wings.

They will move Higgins FORSURE. and Burrows for cap reasons and age

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Lock said:

I love how people just keep forgetting that Virtanen outplayed Gaunce in the pre-season. Gaunce played well, but Jake played a little better. That's how the world works.

Perhaps we should just go back to the days of hoping for Hodgson and Schroeder. I'm sure they'd be much much better as 19 year olds right? right? :rolleyes:

On a random note, I might just take a break from these forums. This whole nitpicking of 19 year old prospects 20-25 games into the season is some of the worst fandom I've seen in a while in my opinion. We finally are getting somewhere with our prospect pool and we STILL have people going "Waaaaaaaah Virt over Gaunce! blah balh balh! I cut my naiil! WAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Go ahead, take a break. If you think anyone's gonna stop and weep then I'm sorry for you LOL.

And no, JV did not outplay Gaunce in the pre-season although young gun fanatics love to think that.

13 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Go ahead, take a break. If you think anyone's gonna stop and weep then I'm sorry for you LOL.

And no, JV did not outplay Gaunce in the pre-season although young gun fanatics love to think that.

Why would I think anyone would weep for me? It's a forum dude.

Actually, WD had said that JV outplayed Gaunce and, considering JV was not sent back to junior and Gaunce was sent to the AHL, it's kind of evident and it's not rocket science to figure that out.

Sometimes the people in charge are there for a reason. They tend to know more than us fans despite popular belief. ;)

Edited by The Lock

18 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Why would I think anyone would weep for me? It's a forum dude.

Actually, WD had said that JV outplayed Gaunce and, considering JV was not sent back to junior and Gaunce was sent to the AHL, it's kind of evident and it's not rocket science to figure that out.

Sometimes the people in charge are there for a reason. They tend to know more than us fans despite popular belief. ;)

That is quite the long sabbatical you took lmao. You'll be pleased to know that the forum held a vigil for you in your absence.

What else is WD gonna say? Gaunce outplayed JV but we're keeping JV with us despite that? As others have mentioned, at the end of the day, Gaunce goes back to a well managed Comets while JV would have gone back to a disastrous Hitmen. 

5 minutes ago, guntrix said:

That is quite the long sabbatical you took lmao. You'll be pleased to know that the forum held a vigil for you in your absence.

What else is WD gonna say? Gaunce outplayed JV but we're keeping JV with us despite that? As others have mentioned, at the end of the day, Gaunce goes back to a well managed Comets while JV would have gone back to a disastrous Hitmen. 

LOL So because WD didn't say what you think, what you think must be true? Wow, what logic! Keep telling yourself that!

Btw, I said I might take a break and didn't say when, but feel free to continue to troll. Glad to know you had a vigil, but I'm not dead, so that's kind of stupid on a forum. Just saying....

Edited by The Lock

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

LOL So because WD didn't say what you think, what you think must be true? Wow, what logic! Keep telling yourself that!

Btw, I said I might take a break and didn't say when, but feel free to continue to troll. Glad to know you had a vigil, but I'm not dead, so that's kind of stupid on a forum. Just saying....

The whole "criticize management" theory is only welcome around here when it works for your agenda. Got it.

All I'm saying is that there's sufficient justification for management to not want to send JV back to his junior club. It's worth the mention that despite Gaunce playing better, the org was better off having them both develop in the AHL and NHL.

Let's be honest, Gaunce had the best training camp. The reason why Virtanen's in the lineup is one or more of the following reasons:

- We have a soft lineup, Virt brings some "potential" grit. 

- 6th pick, and by Benning. 

- Benning just controversially traded away a young 3rd line RW in Kassian. What's a better way than diverting the controversy by telling everyone Virtanen RW is ready. 

Gaunce has 8 points in 11 AHL games. I doubt Virtanen will get even half that much. I am sorry, but Virtanen will take a long time to develop. 

Edited by Drakrami
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Let's be honest, Gaunce had the best training camp. The reason why Virtanen's in the lineup is one or more of the following reasons:

- Benning just controversially traded away a young 3rd line RW in Kassian. What's a better way than diverting the controversy by telling everyone Virtanen RW is ready. 

Gaunce has 8 points in 11 AHL games. I doubt Virtanen will get even half that much. I am sorry, but Virtanen will take a long time to develop. 

Shut up you sound like the typical Virt hater.

Potential grit? You're an idiotic stat watcher if you think JV doesn't have an affect on the flow, and outcome of the games he has played.

Being Bennings 6 overall pick is irrelevant to his readiness.

What controversy? You mean the one where Kassian had substance issues? Besides Benning wouldn't rush JV just to save face over a trade that is looking better and better each day...

Virtanen has 4 points so he does indeed already have half of that total while playing in the NHL.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, logic said:

Shut up you sound like the typical Virt hater.

Potential grit? You're an idiotic stat watcher if you think JV doesn't have an affect on the flow, and outcome of the games he has played.

Being Bennings 6 overall pick is irrelevant to his readiness.

What controversy? You mean the one where Kassian had substance issues? Besides Benning wouldn't rush JV just to save face over a trade that is looking better and better each day...

Virtanen has 4 points so he does indeed already have half of that total while playing in the NHL.

Because I watch the games, I see that Virtanen is a turnover machine and gets pushed around like a teenager. Maybe you should turn on your TV once in a while and watch some games? 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Because I watch the games, I see that Virtanen is a turnover machine and gets pushed around like a teenager. Maybe you should turn on your TV once in a while and watch some games? 

lol I provide an argument against your points and this is your comeback?

I think JB gotta be fair to Gaunce as he seems to have matured and developed very well. Waive Baertschi as I doubt many teams would consider picking him up (dropping another roster player). Baertschi as talented as he may seem is simply lost and unable to make things happen. I like Gaunce a lot simply because he offers size, stability and versatility (C/LW); he is an effective 2-way player that can score a few goals! I would call up Grenier to replace Cracknell too. Cracknell has been an awesome 4th liner but Grenier is bigger and more skilled.... hold off on the Shinkaruk experiment for now as he still needs time... let the Sedins, Vrbata, Horvat,Burrows, McCann handle the offense!

15 hours ago, The Lock said:

I love how people just keep forgetting that Virtanen outplayed Gaunce in the pre-season. Gaunce played well, but Jake played a little better. That's how the world works.

Perhaps we should just go back to the days of hoping for Hodgson and Schroeder. I'm sure they'd be much much better as 19 year olds right? right? :rolleyes:

On a random note, I might just take a break from these forums. This whole nitpicking of 19 year old prospects 20-25 games into the season is some of the worst fandom I've seen in a while in my opinion. We finally are getting somewhere with our prospect pool and we STILL have people going "Waaaaaaaah Virt over Gaunce! blah balh balh! I cut my naiil! WAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Don't walk away Man! :( 

Garrett made the absolute point of the game last night when he mentioned that Vancouver had two of the youngest centers in the NHL. I seriously wonder what some of these fans think they have sitting on the bench. As you said get rid of 19 or 20 year olds because they aren't performing like vets. Canucks do not have a serious CUP contending roster. Play the kids and keep the rotation out of Utica going.

38 minutes ago, logic said:

lol I provide an argument against your points and this is your comeback?

uh your points were pointless. You started with shuttup lmao. What flow has Virtanen changed? lol... we suddenly start outshooting the opponent because of Virtanen's shifts? And I forgot to point out, Virt does not know what to do with the puck half the time it is on his stick. Sorry, but he is not the golden child you think he is. It will take 3-4 years for him to develop at least. 

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

Ugggh... CDC is getting painful to read again...

So Gauncer still injured?

Yup, won't play in the mid-week game but could be back soon:

Ben Birnell ‏@OD_Birnell  3h3 hours ago
Comets TG said he doesn't think Brendan Gaunce will play Wednesday. He's unsure about weekend games. Gaunce has missed 4 games due to injury

• Upvote 1

On 12/1/2015, 7:14:43, Drakrami said:

He got us a veteran piece for Kassian who will actually have some value at the trade deadline this year to a contender.  Kassian then proceded to get himself thrown out of the league indefinitely with substance abuse.  Sucks to see Gaunce hurt and I think he deserves a chance but Virtanen does as well.

On 02/12/2015, 14:10:31, Fred65 said:

Interesting comment made about Gaunce by Gallagher.....have you ever seens Gaunce play a bad game...I guess that's his strength consistency

Funny you say that didn't he have pretty much a point in every single game when he played for the otters? He was talked about more than strome that year. They loved him there.