The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

Just now, TheRussianRocket. said:

*NOTE:*

Juolevi is on loan from his Finnish team.

So if he decides, he can go straight to the AHL after training camp. 

...neat little bonus in getting him. Can play overseas, AHL if they think he's ready, or back to jrs. 

Does this affect his ELC?

1 minute ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

*NOTE:*

Juolevi is on loan from his Finnish team.

So if he decides, he can go straight to the AHL after training camp. 

...neat little bonus in getting him. Can play overseas, AHL if they think he's ready, or back to jrs. 

Forgot about this. Hopefully he does good and makes the AHL team and helps out Utica tremendously up at the backend.

Every draft the media talking heads and fans roast Benning. Every draft pick Gillis made was met with nothing but effusive praise by the same people. They were also roasting Benning last year for "reaching" on Boesner. Look at the results. Enough said.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, mediahack said:

Every draft the media talking heads and fans roast Benning. Every draft pick Gillis made was met with nothing but effusive praise by the same people. They were also roasting Benning last year for "reaching" on Boesner. Look at the results. Enough said.  

I roasted benning. Had a nice serving of crow this year. 

In benning I trust.

• Upvote 3

I like this pick. I wasn't ever really sold on Tkatchuk, though I do think he will still be a solid player for Calgary. Juolevi fits our needs in the short and long term, with the potential to be something really good -- probably not a Norris winning defenseman, but you never know :P

The 6-5 game Canada loss. Shift by shift on Olli Juolevi.

I must say, he's got skill and talent. His strongest assets are moving the puck, his skating, and his first pass.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

Wow Juolevi and Demko in Utica potentially next season? That would be awesome.

They're still in some serious need of scoring though. I see Benning making another trade to acquire a player like Baertschi. Milano maybe?

• Upvote 1

Leave it to CDC to be flipping out about acquiring the best defenseman in the draft.

I am so thrilled with this pick. If Puljujarvi or Dubois were there, then yeah I would have liked them. But Juolevi over Tkatchuk for me 100%.

The Canucks really need a puck moving, high IQ defender. That's what Olli is.

• Upvote 3

Love what Benning has accomplished. We are totally moving in the right direction with this pick. Juolevi is a true winner capturing the memorial cup and the WJC title, and in my opinion is the best Dman in this draft.

Already stacked on left wing with sven, virtanen, and boeser so no need to draft tkachuk. It will also be great if we can sign lucic or backes in this Free Agency. Very pleased with this 1st round, good job JB.