The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

Just now, DeNiro said:

A potential 50 point D-man that can play in all situations? Yes it is.

We won't get anywhere without a D-man with Juolevi's skill set, every top team has one.

Olli Maata isn't a 50 point a year guy...I just found Camel Toe's comparison to be about the most lazy a person could have made.

I think Julovi was the best D available...and with how the draft played out I can't really fault Benning... But to say that Julovi looks like Maata is just pure laziness...because they look almost identical in appearance, height and size but Julovi better be a bigger producer at the NHL level to justify passing up on some of the offensive pieces available

2 minutes ago, NEON.KNEE said:

Olli Maata isn't a 50 point a year guy...I just found Camel Toe's comparison to be about the most lazy a person could have made.

I think Julovi was the best D available...and with how the draft played out I can't really fault Benning... But to say that Julovi looks like Maata is just pure laziness...because they look almost identical in appearance, height and size but Julovi better be a bigger producer at the NHL level to justify passing up on some of the offensive pieces available

Maata is 21. He put up 30 points as a 19 year old.

He'll be a 50 point D-man in his prime, which is still a few years away.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Maata is 21. He put up 30 points as a 19 year old.

He'll be a 50 point D-man in his prime, which is still a few years away.

Was it Matta we were hearing plateaued, and lost traction in Pitt?  

Welcome to Vancouver Olli, where we hate on draft picks because as armchair fans we know that we would have made a better pick, then if you start to succeed we place unreasonable expectations on you that if you don't reach we hate on you all over again. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

A potential 50 point D-man that can play in all situations? Yes it is.

We won't get anywhere without a D-man with Juolevi's skill set, every top team has one.

Making good good sense today DeNiro.  Very unlike you. 

;) kidding.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MickVega said:

Welcome to Vancouver Olli, where we hate on draft picks because as armchair fans we know that we would have made a better pick, then if you start to succeed we place unreasonable expectations on you that if you don't reach we hate on you all over again. 

To add to this....I suspect Tkachuck will get into the league before Joulevi because D men take longer to develop.  These boards will melt down when he racks up some points playing on the cgy second line...or if they put him on the PP in the preaseason with Bieber Monahan and the hockey gnome...