The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

1 minute ago, Phat Fingers said:

Walking away from Hutton is a good indication that newcomers are expected on the left side.  

The puck was like a grenade on Hutton’s stick.  He was terrible at moving it by passing or skating.  OJ’s best skill (along with being super smart) is his ability to transport or pass the puck.  

• Upvote 2

I've been looking forward to seeing him play as a Canuck, patience will be rewarded. I found it odd that Benning also signed Fantenberg, with Juolevi on the way up, but it makes sense to me now. Canucks needed D depth, plain and simple. It's going to be nice not having to rely on Biega to save the day.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Analyst82 said:

Can't believe this kid is already a whipping boy without even playing a game

Poor guy has ran into tough luck with staying healthy and everyone is already writing him off. Give the kid a God damn fair chance. 

Thats precisely why he is a whipping boy.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

The puck was like a grenade on Hutton’s stick.  He was terrible at moving it by passing or skating.  OJ’s best skill (along with being super smart) is his ability to transport or pass the puck.  

I am glad Hutton is gone.  Between his departure and Pouliot's I see this team as improved.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Thats precisely why he is a whipping boy.

He certainly shouldn't be a whipping boy... We knew development would take a bit, throw injuries on top of it and it slows down more. Im excited to see where he's at, hopefully he can step up at some point this season.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cyoung said:

He certainly shouldn't be a whipping boy... We knew development would take a bit, throw injuries on top of it and it slows down more. Im excited to see where he's at, hopefully he can step up at some point this season.

Instant gratification Cyoung.  

Calgary got their shiny new toy and Vancouver has to wait.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Phat Fingers said:

Instant gratification Cyoung.  

Calgary got their shiny new toy and Vancouver has to wait.  

I know, kind of drives me bonkers haha. I think sometimes we also forget these are kids who are trying really hard to become professionals, his progress has been steady even though he has had terrible luck with injuries. Whatever happens, if he plays 1000+ games or 0, I appreciate he work he's put in....certainly be nice if he played 1000+ tho lol

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I actually think the fact that he has been developing steady despite the injuries says a lot. He'd probably be on the team at this point if it wasn't for injuries.

Exactly.

20 hours ago, Analyst82 said:

Can't believe this kid is already a whipping boy without even playing a game. 

Poor guy has ran into tough luck with staying healthy and everyone is already writing him off. Give the kid a God damn fair chance. 

In what way is he a whipping boy. His odds of reaching his potential have lessened because of the injuries he's had so far in his career. I don't see many people $&!#ting on Juolevi for being Salo reincarnated.

It's just unfortunate.

1 hour ago, Mathew Barzal said:

In what way is he a whipping boy. His odds of reaching his potential have lessened because of the injuries he's had so far in his career. I don't see many people $&!#ting on Juolevi for being Salo reincarnated.

It's just unfortunate.

Well...the bolded is just one recent example.

1 hour ago, Mathew Barzal said:

It's just unfortunate.

"Shoulda drafted Tkachuk"

"Shoulda drafted Sergachev"

Of course, those people never assume that the above two players may or may not have made the team - nor was there any guarantee that they would've produced. Certainly not Sergachev.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

"Shoulda drafted Tkachuk"

"Shoulda drafted Sergachev"

Of course, those people never assume that the above two players may or may not have made the team - nor was there any guarantee that they would've produced. Certainly not Sergachev.

I don't see that as putting Juolevi down, I see that as putting our scouting staff down and management down. Although I can see why people would take it the wrong way.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I think Juolevi starts the season with the Canucks, or will at least be with the team within 30 days. He was close to joining the team when he was shut down for injury, and was putting up good numbers.

He will still be a solid top 4 on the Canucks, He just turned 21, and has had a rough couple of seasons with injuries, but the talent is still there.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think Juolevi starts the season with the Canucks, or will at least be with the team within 30 days. He was close to joining the team when he was shut down for injury, and was putting up good numbers.

He will still be a solid top 4 on the Canucks, He just turned 21, and has had a rough couple of seasons with injuries, but the talent is still there.

Why is it that we don’t get serious updates on how he’s doing? I believe that a lot of people get paranoid because we never hear very much about him. Am I wrong?