Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

1.  Jersey hischier

2.  Philly Patrick

3.  Dallas Makar/Heiskanen/Vilardi

4. Colorado Heiskanen/Liljegren /Makar

5. Canucks Vilardi /Glass /Trade

Just my opinion.  I see Dallas and Colorado needing D more than anything having such quality young centers

• Upvote 1

Well its always a kick in the nuts to be a die hard Canucks fan aint it?? 

Anywayssss... moving along. This is my prediction of how it goes down. 

1. Patrick

2. Hischier 

3. Vilardi

4. Heiskanen (I could see Avs taking him)

5. Our main man Middlestadt  

• Upvote 3

I really hope we can still select Vilardi but I don't see him falling to #5. Heiskanen or Mittelstadt would be alright as well. Glass looks decent. I'm not too choked, I wish we could have gotten at least #4th overall but there's a chance one of these guys turns out better then the top 2. 

I think people are underestimating how good of a goal scorer Tippett has been this year. Here is a look at every CHL player over the past 15 years (2002 draft) who scored at least 0.50 goals per game 5v5 in their draft year. 

Crosby           0.65

McDavid        0.64

Huberdeau    0.63

Drouin           0.59

Couturier       0.59

Debrincat      0.58

Grigorenko    0.56

Tavares         0.54

Seguin           0.54

Mantha          0.54

P. Kane         0.53

Tippett         0.52

Jurco            0.52

Fabbri           0.50

J. Gauthier    0.50

That's not a very long list. Especially considering Tippett is 6'2" and isn't a late birthday.  

16 minutes ago, baumerman77 said:

I think people are underestimating how good of a goal scorer Tippett has been this year. Here is a look at every CHL player over the past 15 years (2002 draft) who scored at least 0.50 goals per game 5v5 in their draft year. 

Crosby           0.65

McDavid        0.64

Huberdeau    0.63

Drouin           0.59

Couturier       0.59

Debrincat      0.58

Grigorenko    0.56

Tavares         0.54

Seguin           0.54

Mantha          0.54

P. Kane         0.53

Tippett         0.52

Jurco            0.52

Fabbri           0.50

J. Gauthier    0.50

That's not a very long list. Especially considering Tippett is 6'2" and isn't a late birthday.  

The more I read about Tippett the more I like him.

The way I look at it, Patrick Hischier go top 2

Then the next three teams are left with Vilardi, Mittlestadt, Tippett and Miro Heiskanen.  All these guys were in McKenzies final 3 to 6 range.  Id bet We are getting one of those guys.  Not too shabby.

59 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Really hope JB tries to trade up, there are some great trading partners there and we can't be happy with 5th overall.

I really hope we don't. I don't see it as being worth it this year. We're going to get a decent player. If we trade for anything I'd rather it be for picks in next years draft, or more picks in this one if JB has an eye on someone. 

If Dallas wants to trade their pick in a situation where we keep our #5, well that's an entirely different story. Not likely, but I'm not liking the idea of spending to move up this year.

• Upvote 2

I actually take back what I said earlier. I wouldn't mind drafting a defenseman, Makar in particular. But only if Mittlestadt isn't available.

Would be interesting to see what he can do in the NCAA next year.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

5th overall is the toughest spot to pick from this year. Hirschier and Nolan are a given 1st and 2nd overall. Vilardi and Mittelstatd are going in the top-5. Lets just hope one of those big-4 centers drop to 5th overall. If they are all gone and we're picking 5th overall, we've got some big-time decisions to make because no one else fills the Canucks current needs. We have Juolevi, Heiskanen would be a waste. Makar as well. They're not elite, they're just more top-4 defencemen - all well and good but we either need an elite defenceman or top-6 center and quickly so they can start developing and join our young core.

If it comes down to Necas, Glass, Tippett or Makar/Heiskanen/Liljegren, I think JB seriously has to consider trading up to get a top-4 guy, even if it's 4th overall. We'd be guaranteed a future top-6 center with the 4th overall pick. For me there's a big drop off after those 4.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Getting 5 was sort of expected by me but I just hope JB doesn't take Timothy Liljegren now. Glass/Mittelstadt/Vlardi should be the targets. Take who ever is left or in that order. 

Totally disagree.  None of those players are top line talent.  Continue to build from the back end out.  It's a lengthy process but will be worth it. 

25 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I actually take back what I said earlier. I wouldn't mind drafting a defenseman, Makar in particular. But only if Mittlestadt isn't available.

Would be interesting to see what he can do in the NCAA next year.

This would be soooo Canuck. Take an AJHL player 5th overall 

2 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

You mean the team that already got a first in MacKinnon, second in Landeskog, and third in Duchene? 

I really don't care how they feel.

i haate when people say that, colorado has had countless solid players through picking high in the draft, its their &^@#ing fault they're $&!# right now.