The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

11 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

With Button's tweet about the Canucks better be careful with how they treat their players. Which player(s) is he talking about, and what did the Canucks do? Is he talking about Hutton?

Disappointed in Button for sticking his NOSE in Canucks business and then blabbing about it in the media. He's a scout, he should be talking about how great Podkolzin's going to be. 

He isn't saying someone has been mistreated, but how Vancouver handles Eriksson could have negative ramifications going forward. From the sounds of it he is referencing the idea that if we dump Eriksson in Utica to force him to walk away from his contract it'll make us a less appealing free agent destination. Which I agree, intentionally putting him in a bad situation (demoting him to Utica) to get out of his contract seems suspect. He's not an AHL player. He can play in the NHL. It's just the fact he's not worth what he is making for the production he provides. Sending him to Utica to make him quit on his contract would indeed make us look really bad.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd feel a lot more sympathy for Loui had he not completely phoned it in as soon as he got here. I'd feel a lot more sympathy for him had he not run his mouth about his deployment when he's the one that hasn't lived up to expectations. I'd feel more sympathy for him had he not decided to ghost his boss.

Petey and Horvat are going to produce no matter who they play with. Hell, they'd probably produce more if they had some actual top 6 players to play with other than Boeser. To assume that Eriksson had something to do with Horvat and Petey's production is frankly insulting to those players. 

Well, I've not seen the earlier seasons with Loui but other fans think he plays alright. There are some players that don't reach Louis level of play. 

Why insulting? 

If Petey and Horvat benefits from Louis play and get more space... 

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd feel a lot more sympathy for Loui had he not completely phoned it in as soon as he got here. I'd feel a lot more sympathy for him had he not run his mouth about his deployment when he's the one that hasn't lived up to expectations. I'd feel more sympathy for him had he not decided to ghost his boss.

Petey and Horvat are going to produce no matter who they play with. Hell, they'd probably produce more if they had some actual top 6 players to play with other than Boeser. To assume that Eriksson had something to do with Horvat and Petey's production is frankly insulting to those players. 

I disagree with the idea he has phoned it in or is coasting I think he is just deflated from how things are going. He is squandering pretty good looks. He gets played in the top 6 but just fails to play at that level then gets demoted. I am sure two head coaches have tried everything in their power to make him work in the top 6. He failed with the Sedins, he failed with Bo Horvat.

At this point the only thing left to try is Eriksson, Petey and Boeser. Assuming they never tried that, I can't recall any extended looks with them together. He had 38% ozone starts last season, which is by far the lowest of his career. That's shutdown forward deployment. Which isn't his game. Just glue his ass to Bo or Petey's line. Where his deployment is at lowest 50% (which is in line with his past deployment) with Bo or as high as 60-70% with Petey. He's not a defensive liability and pucks don't die on his stick the way they do on Sutter's. Give him the entire preseason with Petey and parts of October. If he keeps sucking I am with you. He's a lost cause.

Also, the problem I have with Green is he doesn't give combos more than a game or two sometimes only a handful of shifts within one game and if they don't produce he jumbles the lines again. Other than Petey and Boeser I don't think any line combo stuck around together for more than a handful of games. Hard to gain chemistry like that. Pearson, Bo Miller. Eriksson Petey Boeser. Run it until November. See what happens. Deploying Eriksson like he is Beagle is not helping Eriksson or us honestly.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

You cant criticize cdc members for hatred of dahlen when youre hatreding  me

I think you slightly misunderstand the word hatred. But if fans misunderstand such simple words I understand a bit more. :bigblush:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I think you slightly misunderstand the word hatred. But if fans misunderstand such simple words I understand a bit more. :bigblush:

Reported to mods. I cant handle this bullying and hatred.

• Haha 4

Timrafan....why is Loui trash?

Is it because:

1. He is just old and a crappy hockey player now.

2. He is just lazy and does not care at all.

3. The 36 million the Canucks said they would give him is awesome and he knows they need to pay him now so his plan is just to sit around and do nothing.

Also, is there a lot of public transportation in Sweden? Specifically buses. I just wonder if Loui will acclimate quickly to riding buses in Utica. At least it gets real cold in Sweden so Loui will be use to the snow and cold.

:bigblush:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1

In all seriousness, I do like Loui and he seems like a good guy.

However the NHL is a business and the Canucks cannot afford to have 6 million per year in dead space tied up in littlethings.

I hope Alf is correct and the Canucks kick Loui to Utica like they did gagner.  I don't know if they will have the internal fortitude to do it though. I hope so because Bo still needs a legit top 6 forward on his right wing.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

@73 Percent

Awesome! :gocan:

Loui or Louis (Spanish version) ain’t coming back.  Adios Louis. :)

Louis is french, rather try Lùis in spanish.

so to the topic, what makes you think Loui isn't coming, back, especially when LE seems have said to the newspaper Expressen that he will not retire and he plan to play next season with the canucks?

Edited by deus.ex.makina

13 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

In all seriousness, I do like Loui and he seems like a good guy.

However the NHL is a business and the Canucks cannot afford to have 6 million per year in dead space tied up in littlethings.

I hope Alf is correct and the Canucks kick Loui to Utica like they did gagner.  I don't know if they will have the internal fortitude to do it though. I hope so because Bo still needs a legit top 6 forward on his right wing.

As you probably noticed, N7Nucks thinks as I do.

Quote him and discuss the matter properly. 

A trip to Utica is not the way The Canucks should treat players because then some players definately donvt come here. If Loui was the worst player and his hand were oldest I might agree. But still we have players worse than him. 

• Upvote 1

At some point you have to be able to hold a player to a certain standard. It's fine to say "Oh, it's just his contract. He's a decent player that's just overpaid.", but when he's lived up to that standard every year up until he signed that contract, it's a problem, and it's a problem with the player. When the problem spans two separate coaches, it's the player. When the problem spans multiple top 6 linemates, from the twins to Horvat to Pettersson, it's the player.

And now he's preventing us from doing what we needed to do in the offseason. Had Eriksson been performing up to his contract, we wouldn't need any top 6 help right now. But as it stands, not only is he not providing us with that we signed him for, but his contract is hindering us from doing what we need to do to improve.

If he had any honor as a hockey player, he would retire or fail to report to camp, and allow us to terminate the contract, but as it stands, he doesn't give two $&!#s about how far he's fallen as a player. He just wants to be paid, and is willing to run his big, fat mouth and ghost his GM when he doesn't get his way. It's pathetic. 

If we can't move him, and he's unwilling to do us any favors, I hope we bury him in Utica for the remainder of his contract. I hope he never gets another shot in the NHL. I hope he never gets a shot in the SHL when his contract finally does run out. I hope he stays buried in the minors for the rest of his career. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

we might have players worse than  Loui. but none of them get paid 6mill and they still try. . for the past season all we have seen Loui do,skate up the rink and dump the puck in at the blue line, seldom did we see him actually take it in. the bottom line is he is giving less than 50% of what he is capable of doing. , he definitely knows it too, but instead he puts the blame on Green. how are fans suppose to react to that, Did Loui come to Vancouver to take advantage of this contract he was given? I think he did!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Trying to keep an open mind about Loui, but just the way he has handled this offseason with his comments and basically ghosting the management shows a lack of professionalism on his part.

Don't know how credible this source is and trying to find the news paper article, but if true, this shows a lack of maturity that he has to use a third party source to convey is future with the team.  Quite comical and really is tarnishing his reputation, was very low maintenance player until his comments and his lack of communication with the organization. 

I cannot see a scenario where he will be on the Canuck's roster come opening night.  There are too many hungry players looking for a spot on the roster, and will show much more desperation than what Loui has shown in 3 years.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Personally, I hope Loui can surprise everyone and put up a half-decent season. Last season was poor, but his second season with us was pretty decent. I'd like to see him get back to that level.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Trying to keep an open mind about Loui, but just the way he has handled this offseason with his comments and basically ghosting the management shows a lack of professionalism on his part.

Don't know how credible this source is and trying to find the news paper article, but if true, this shows a lack of maturity that he has to use a third party source to convey is future with the team.  Quite comical and really is tarnishing his reputation, was very low maintenance player until his comments and his lack of communication with the organization. 

I cannot see a scenario where he will be on the Canuck's roster come opening night.  There are too many hungry players looking for a spot on the roster, and will show much more desperation than what Loui has shown in 3 years.

There is a quote from LE:s agent in the article, the rest is the reporter more or less stating what we already know (makes no sense to buy him out etc.).

The actual quote is (translated from Swedish, haven't read the original english quote):

"– Loui won't break his contract, he's a Vancouver player and has no intention of retiring, says Erikssons agent, Peter Werner at CAA Sports in Stockholm. "

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Personally, I hope Loui can surprise everyone and put up a half-decent season. Last season was poor, but his second season with us was pretty decent. I'd like to see him get back to that level.

I think it is too late to salvage the train wreck that is Loui.

Where would you play him? He cannot be in the top 6 as he has zero offense and we need to compete.

I suppose there is a spot on the 4th line but even if he is steady there that won't build up any trade value for a 6 million dollar player imo.

JT Miller  Petey  Boeser

Pearson  Horvat  Baer

Roussel  Sutter  Virtanen

Motte  Beagle  Ericksson

That seems to be the only real spot for him imo. You don't want to take ice time away from any of the guys ahead of Loui as he provides little to nothing positive.

• Upvote 1