The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kenins signed in Zurich

the harry

5 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I still think he would have an NHL job if he just accepted his role as a bottom 6 grinder/banger. He consistently tried to do too much, and ended up coughing up the puck. He's a guy that can skate and hit at the NHL level, few can say that. 

Well maybe youre correct imho the reason he did not stick around was the fact his hitting just stopped... he was so great at first driving some nhl stars crazy with his balls out hits and tenacious skating... not sure what happened to him. A lot of players (people) do not stay hungry when they have success. 

Too bad really

1 hour ago, the harry said:

Well, you're right, it was short. I was in a hurry because I tried to be faster than Vintage Canuck for once. But I didn't add my sources intentionally, they are written in german.

I get the German sources, but they'd be better than nothing even if they're translated through Google. You'll probably beat Vintage if the only source out there is a German one anyway (or do you speak German, Vintage?).

But even if you do post something quickly, go back in and edit it to add the extras to give it some substance.

2 hours ago, elvis15 said:

OP, would it have killed you to include a source and type more than one line?

He got away from his game in his second year here which had made him so effective the first time around. He may figure it out yet and get another chance, but good luck to him either way.

Elvis would it have killed you to link the source without throwing a dig in at the OP?

4 hours ago, Fanuck said:

He was always going to be a fringe player in NA. 

Zurich is a pretty nice city to be living in for the next two years. 

If you pretty much know your cup of coffee is done, then imo Zurich >>>>>>> Utica. 

20 minutes ago, PlanB said:

If you pretty much know your cup of coffee is done, then imo Zurich >>>>>>> Utica. 

Indeed, Zurich is a great place to live, even if you're not a hockey pro. But the Zurich Lions are also a great organisation, there is a reason why Auston Matthews choose them to play there.

Never a fan of his play...He had a short run where he was using the body,until a game in Buffalo where he himself got rocked (he was never the same player after that)....His giveaways earned him a spot at the end of the bench on many occasions..A likeable player,best of luck to him.

4 hours ago, the harry said:

Well, you're right, it was short. I was in a hurry because I tried to be faster than Vintage Canuck for once. But I didn't add my sources intentionally, they are written in german.

completely valid reasons in my view

vintage is a complete beast on here and deserves the respect he gets

and in your case the sense of urgency to post quickly

i see very little value in linking a german language post

and as we see english versions were soon available anyway

all has turned out well it seems

and i also wish kennins good luck

i'm sure he'll be brushing up on his language skills

6 hours ago, the harry said:

...and because having a source for the all-important Kenins signing is oh-so critical to validate it :P (I'm surprised that you weren't chastised for failing to put this in the "minor signings" thread by the internet cop).

Thanks for posting, harry.  I found out that Kenins signed in Switzerland because of you.  That's all I needed to know.

One thing about Kenins...he fooled us with his hot start.  I'll always like him for taking a run at Chara.

4 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Elvis would it have killed you to link the source without throwing a dig in at the OP?

Nope.  He's demonstrated over and over again that he's a little dude and apparently being an internet cop makes him feel like a big dude.  Let him have his moment.

49 minutes ago, HK Phooey said:

Nope.  He's demonstrated over and over again that he's a little dude and apparently being an internet cop makes him feel like a big dude.  Let him have his moment.

Or people could just post proper threads. It really isn't that hard to go back and edit a post to include a source, or wait until you have one. But no, people want to beat Vintage to the scoop and feel important that they've created a thread so people can see just how awesome they are...

"I was on my phone so couldn't copy/paste or search"

"I had to be the first one to announce this"

"I don't care if there's already a thread since my opinion is importanter"

etc.

But enough about that, I've posted an actual source to help the OP and a mod has apparently added a link to the first post to do the same. It takes a village apparently.

Let's talk about Kenins, shall we?

Archived