The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] TSN - Canucks still kicking tires on Kane

Provost

7 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Yakupov got a 3rd rounder plus an AHLer.... I can't really see how Kane can be worth anything more than that.  Keep in mind that while Kane is bigger, Yakupov does have more skills, quicker, younger and without any off-ice issue.

Benning should just offer Sbisa for Kane + 4th or something.  

Are you actually comparing Kane to Yakupov?

6 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Yakupov

Goals per game:  52/265 = 0.196

Points per game:  115/265 = 0.434

Kane:

Goals per game:  129/430 = 0.3

Points per game:  257/430 = 0.598

Their stats are relatively comparable once you factor in the type of team each player were on.

Yakupov is still 3 years younger, 3.5 million less in salary cap, and no off-ice issue.  

I still think that's a bit of a stretch.

You guys look at his stats for that contract, and being a bad locker room presence on top of that?

But on the other hand obtaining him a Vancouver local might get his head back in gear and show some drive and dicipline. He only has another year left on his contract so its minimal risk to be honest.

I like this trade better then our Eriksson nightmare contract signing. 

The only way i see this make sense for both teams is trading Eriksson for kane.  They get rid of their problem player and we get rid of a terrible contract.  The risk is low for us and if he turns it around here in Vancouver his upside porential blows what Eriksson has got left away. 

THIS TRADE MAKES SENSE !!! 

50 minutes ago, dura_mater said:

Are you actually comparing Kane to Yakupov?

I would take either at this point.  Kanes character might be a question though. might be better to wait it out and wait for boeser to come up possibly by seasons end.

Torts 2nd plus free drinks and cover at The Roxy for the duration of Kane's contract. Kane would jump at the chance to rep his hometown time all the while displaying the truculence and partying lifestyle of our most recent bust Virtanen. 

Way to go with Character and team building eh JB? The fact there is even a rumor on us being involved is laughable at how desperate this franchise is. I would rather sign Mayson Raymond than get this guy who has only cracked 20 TWICE??? LOL! LMAO!???? 

10 hours ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Torts 2nd plus free drinks and cover at The Roxy for the duration of Kane's contract. Kane would jump at the chance to rep his hometown time all the while displaying the truculence and partying lifestyle of our most recent bust Virtanen. 

Way to go with Character and team building eh JB? The fact there is even a rumor on us being involved is laughable at how desperate this franchise is. I would rather sign Mayson Raymond than get this guy who has only cracked 20 TWICE??? LOL! LMAO!???? 

He cracked 20 last year in 65 games....

How many does Baertschi have? You wanna keep spinning your wheels? Atleast Kane will go to the dirty areas and stick up for himself

1 hour ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

So I heard it's hutton they are talking about. Not tanev. 

would make more sense since they already have Risto and Bogo on the right side...

Don't think i'd want to move Hutton either, But with Stecher is proving to be an offensive PP QB D, Juolevi and Tryamkin in the system on the left side.  It could make sense.

Archived