The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] TSN - Canucks still kicking tires on Kane

Provost

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Tanev is going nowhere. Hutton on the other hand......

I agree that Benning would be more inclined to move Hutton, but surely we can do better than a Kane return if that's the case. I'd hope so anyway.

3 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I agree that Benning would be more inclined to move Hutton, but surely we can do better than a Kane return if that's the case. I'd hope so anyway.

Tanev is the odd man out.  Hutton is going no where.  Tanev for E. Kane 

27 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Bogosian has been injured, and will be a bit longer but they have to consider their roster spots that are open when they're healthy. Franson on the 3rd pairing is fine.

Kulikov on the other hand is only day to day but even when he was playing he had yet to score. Gorges you might expect that much out of, but Kulikov is particularly struggling. SabreFan can give us a better perspective I'm sure, but while Tanev wouldn't hurt (he won't hurt any team) he's not what they're looking for in a return most likely.

What the Sabres need is pretty much the same as us...they need scoring.

Lack of production from Kane, Ennis being hurt....there are 2 goal scorers right there along with losing Eichel and there pretty much in a fine pickle.

They are like us in that they aren't really giving up many goals 

Franson and Kulikov are both UFA at years end with Kulikov looking like he shouldn't have any problems getting re-signed. I think Tanev does help stabilize the right side there for another 2-3 years at roughly the same price as what  Franson is earning this year. 

As far as the trade of Tanev straight up for Kane, you and I can debate this til we are blue in the face on that one and both be right. We truly don't know if it would be 100% Benning and Co. or if Ownership has their fingers in it....we will never know. Remember when Aquaman wanted Nonis to get Brad Richards out of Tampa and Aqua was telling him ""Add, Add" along with Kesler just to get Richards. Nonis held firm and ultimately cost him his job, so who do we believe?

Just now, riffraff said:

Part of me wouldn't be against taking the risk at the right price.

all of me says I'll never believe what comes out of Jims mouth, regarding character, again.

If he's still sniffing around EK, my guess he doesn't have a clue regarding character.

10 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Not really. Hutton's worth isn't as great as Canucks fans envision. Tanev's is greater than most Canucks fans envision. 

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not really. Hutton's worth isn't as great as Canucks fans envision. Tanev's is greater than most Canucks fans envision. 

See.  This is the smoke talking Phil.

hutton is struggling atm.  But imo he has more upside than tanev.  And now,one would have to admit, that tanev has durability issues and imo that's not going to change.  If anything it will get worse and therefore diminish his value.  I'd say deal him before Hutton, and before another significant injury for the right return, knowing that you have a stecher and a Juolevi....

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

...or the twins come out sporting grills, wearing high-tops and baggy pants, Henrik with a do-rag and Daniel in cornrows.

Hahaha that works too! Don't forget flashing stacks of cash!

People can change... Evander Kane has the abilities to be an elite player in the league. If he wasn't so immature, I'd bet he'd be a consistent 30+ goal scorer.

9 minutes ago, riffraff said:

See.  This is the smoke talking Phil.

hutton is struggling atm.  But imo he has more upside than tanev.  And now,one would have to admit, that tanev has durability issues and imo that's not going to change.  If anything it will get worse and therefore diminish his value.  I'd say deal him before Hutton, and before another significant injury for the right return, knowing that you have a stecher and a Juolevi....

I am soooo baked right now.  

Archived