The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Cody Goloubef to the Colorado Avalanche

HowYaDrouin

3 hours ago, meh_wassup said:

Is it me, or have trades been a lot harder to come by? At least meaningful ones anyways. It seems like everyone is looking for the same thing in trades, namely youth and picks and no one wants to part ways with what they have. Minus a couple of teams <_<

I think the expansion draft makes things difficult as well. You aren't likely to see a 2 for 1 deal because the team that gets the extra player will just have to expose a better player in the draft (granted neither player received is auto protected).

• 4 weeks later...
On 2016-11-28 at 7:56 PM, meh_wassup said:

Is it me, or have trades been a lot harder to come by? At least meaningful ones anyways. It seems like everyone is looking for the same thing in trades, namely youth and picks and no one wants to part ways with what they have. Minus a couple of teams <_<

Yes that's what guys like Bob-Mack and Lebrun have said, the trade front has been very quiet and flat. GM's don't want to part with youth or prospects as well as the cap being flat. No one wants other teams old crap on dumb contracts unless it's an add on to a team that has a legit shot at the cup and that probably wont happen until the tdl if at all.

On November 28, 2016 at 8:56 PM, meh_wassup said:

And expansion draft makes it difficult....

Archived