The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Ducks VS Canucks @ Rogers Arena (7 p.m. PT)

Tavrohorvat53

Anaheim seems to get away with late hits and even hooking a player before hitting which makes it impossible to dodge the hit. Different rules for different teams as usual. I doubt we would get away with any of that against teams like Chicago. Stecher better keep his head up because I'm sure certain Ducks are aware of all the attention and praise he's been getting.

4-3 Canucks.

Go Canucks Go!!!!

54 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Anaheim seems to get away with late hits and even hooking a player before hitting which makes it impossible to dodge the hit. Different rules for different teams as usual. I doubt we would get away with any of that against teams like Chicago. Stecher better keep his head up because I'm sure certain Ducks are aware of all the attention and praise he's been getting.

4-3 Canucks.

Go Canucks Go!!!!

I think that Gudbranson will be setting the tone tonight. I don't think the Ducks have a single player on the roster who outsizes him or Tryamkin. The Ducks may have more skill and experience in their lineup, but that team still seems to take games for granted, and tonight may be another one of those nights.

duck.png

Will be a scrappy game but I think the boys in green, blue, and white has what it takes to make it 3 in a row! The "Killer B's" will lead the charge once again with 8 combined points, while the Sedins and Sutter will continue to click. Throw in a few from our new look defence and we have ourselves an entertaining game! 

5-3 Canucks

Horvat (Burrows and Baertschi)

Sutter (H. Sedin and Stecher)

Burrows (Horvat and Tryamkin)

Baertschi (Burrows and Hutton)

Horvat (EN) (Gudbranson) 

Cogliano

Kesler

Vatanen

3 points either way in the standings get them dead last or 6th place in the standings. The next two home games are big (vs Ana, Tor).

They need to go on a 5 game win streak to gain ground in the standings (starting with Ana, Toronto, New Jersey, Tampa, Florida). 

One game at a time...this stretch of games leading to X-mas will be a big indicator on whether they are playoff bound or not.

This team can check its way into a win tonight.  One thing I noticed on those replays of "Groot" doing his thing, the Ducks instantly took exception, and were running around after him.  We all know what happens to a team when they get preoccupied with a player and are angry.  They take stupid penalties, and they fall off their game.  IF the Canucks do a good job on the forecheck, dig out pucks, and out hustle, this game is theres.  But it will all start with the level of play of our back end.  I'm calling a 3-2 Vancouver squeeker in OT.  Horvat, Stetcher & D. Sedin.

GO CANUCKS GO

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We need Biega instead of softy  - 8 Larsen for these bigger teams.

With Tryamkin, Guddy, and Sbisa on the blueline, life will be more difficult for the big Duck fowards than it was in the past against the Canucks. And Hutton, while not known as a "physical" player, is heavier and stronger this year. And I agree that I would rather see Biega in the line-up instead of Larsen. He is not big but he plays with a lot of intensity.

We have all complained about the Canuck forwards being soft. But Skille, Chaput, and Megna all try to contribute to the physical game and have decent hit totals.  I think Vancouver has succeeded in being tougher to play against even without Dorsett and Virtanen in the line-up.

6 hours ago, alfstonker said:

This should be interesting. I have watched a lot of Ducks games lately and Bieksa is playing well, Kesler not so much although he is still getting on the board. However the team itself seems to be disjointed and I feel if we go at them hard, as we have been doing, and get the first goal we may get a surprise win on this one.

Highest points on the Ducks team (18pts in 23 games), plays 22 minutes a night and best +/-on the team. And Kesler is not playing well...... ok, man. 

Just goes off to show people just post whatever gibberish they want on here. 

Archived