The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick OSullivan Rips on Vancouver -The Franchise,City,Fans

WestlockWarrior

Back in the 70s,80s and 80s nobody in the East or in Alberta really bothered with the Nucks.  The Vancouver Canucks the are the second most winningest team in Canada that past decade after Montreal and the habs and us are 9 and 10 in the league.    Toronto and the oil as you can imagine are near the bottom.  That is a big big reason for the hate on us.    It happens when you win.

Not to mention that most Canadians are jealous of the beauty of the city and the lack of harsh cold winters.    Believe it or not it does stir envy.   

11 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

To me Burrows and Kesler chipring skills just make them more legendary. The fact they took the time to prepare for a game to do research into a guy's personal life to dig out a detail or two to make it more personal to get him off his game is amazing.

Sure Burrows crossed the line and Kesler probably did too. But is shows how competitive these guys are and how badly they want to win that they are willing to do pretty much anything.

This is missing on the current Canucks. Dorsett is a poor excuse for a tough guy/ agitator. The league's gone soft.

Utter infantile BS. You really think taking the time to look into a player's childhood abuse and then using that to bait him in a game is amazing? 

Burr never backed his plays and that makes him a lesser man for me. Kesler was a bit the same but not as bad. Lapierre was another one. Torres with his cheap shots.

41 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

This is child abuse we are talking about bud. Not taking a kids playstation away, have some class.

It was below the belt, and Burrows apologised later.

However, if he keeps bringing it up himself, he shouldn't expect to be handled with kids gloves. 

Will the NHL also be on high alert the next time the Wild and the Flames play? 

Three whacks in succession to Johnny Hockey's wrist had him scooting off to the infirmary the last time these two teams met.

But hey, at least no hurtful words were exchanged.

Only in the NHL.

14 hours ago, joe-max said:

"Every team. Even teams in the East can't stand Vancouver. Everybody hates Vancouver."

"I was definitely pulling for the Bruins by the end of that series." -  "And Canada as a whole lot."

"Aaron Rome. Aaron Rome, another guy like this."

"I played in that division. I should like some guys on that team, I'd like them to do well. And it's just not the case. It's across the board."

"There's something in that jersey."

"Dorsett is just a more willing Burrows."

"Burrows is by far the most hated individual in the entire league. [...] And he is a coward."

"They are just hated, and I think it's deserved."

"Most guys are good guys at the end of the day and I believe Alexandre Burrows is not one of these guys."

"No good team has that situation. [...] When he's done there, he's done."

Wonder what happened in the past. Sounds like Burrows really hurt him with quote:"personal, gutless" chirping.

Talking about Burrows that way when players like Marchand is 10x worse?  I get he doesn't like Burrows, but putting that on the whole team, city and fans? Get over yourself, Patrick.

And he's wrong about Dorsett... lol.  And what's that about the jersey that most of us don't really care for either? :P

He should quit blogging his negativity, seirously.

I imagine that if Burrows played for a team like the Leafs or Bruins, and Patrick gave an interview ragging on one of those two teams, we'd probably applaud him for speaking out on this matter while at the same time vilifying Burrows.

Those "hit him like his dad did" comments are pretty disgusting, and those posters should be embarrassed. Yes he's still bitter, but quite frankly he has a right to be. Walk a mile in his shoes before you judge, OK? 

2 hours ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Talking about Burrows that way when players like Marchand is 10x worse?  I get he doesn't like Burrows, but putting that on the whole team, city and fans? Get over yourself, Patrick.

And he's wrong about Dorsett... lol.  And what's that about the jersey that most of us don't really care for either? :P

He should quit blogging his negativity, seirously.

what person who works for a radio station in the east that has an affiliate here in Vancouver laundry lists his hate for a team ,,a city and individuals to this extent then goes on air and spews it out..with the help I might add of the host who set him up perfectly for his hate filled ramble....it makes me think his hate runs alot deeper than a normal dislike..O"Sullivan has a major problem going on that he cant get over and judging from his childhood you can partly see why..it sounds to me that he needs therapy on this.

I can't disagree with him. Burrows and Cooke were/are embarrassing.

What Burrows said to him was a disgrace. The reality is whether you like Patrick or not he was a real NHL player who has a good prespective.

Think about it....what kind of man pulls hair and bites. That's a disgrace.

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

what person who works for a radio station in the east that has an affiliate here in Vancouver laundry lists his hate for a team ,,a city and individuals to this extent then goes on air and spews it out..with the help I might add of the host who set him up perfectly for his hate filled ramble....it makes me think his hate runs alot deeper than a normal dislike..O"Sullivan has a major problem going on that he cant get over and judging from his childhood you can partly see why..it sounds to me that he needs therapy on this.

bunch of hypocrites. they say all that about Vancouver and its fine but when their guy at he Edmonton affiliate says kadri's time is coming to answer for his cheap shots they all scream for his head.

Archived