The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's on tonight's menu?

Rate this topic

riffraff

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Overloaded nachos? :)

Yeah, my on the spot version of nachos and made it during intermission.  But I did have nachos with just pepper jack cheese, salsa, and sour cream for the last two days while watching hockey.  I'm out of salsa and sour cream. 

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

OMG was just talking to my daughter....you know you're programmed for hockey when....

She asked what I was making for dinner and I told her "tortorella"!   :towel:  She was like "wth's tortorella??".  Honest mistake.  With some Alfredsson sauce.

That is one fiery pasta, bet it goes well with Swedish meatballs.

• Vintage 1
1 hour ago, brilac said:

Yeah, my on the spot version of nachos and made it during intermission.  But I did have nachos with just pepper jack cheese, salsa, and sour cream for the last two days while watching hockey.  I'm out of salsa and sour cream. 

What's the inspiration for putting potatoes?  That's interesting.

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

What's the inspiration for putting potatoes?  That's interesting.

I was watching hockey and thought about food and nachos, and had in mind potatoes, and was really thinking of nachos, but I was out of sour cream and salsa.  I got out the potatoes and cut one into pieces and had an idea to put them on top of tortilla chips with pepper jack cheese sprinkled with pepper, and I saw packets of salmon and thought that might taste good since it's nachos.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/01/2021 at 5:51 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Spent pretty much the whole afternoon making proper carnitas, and served them up with fresh tortillas, and more traditional toppings (cabbage, onions, crema, pico de gallo, etc), and both of my kids say “these are ok, but I prefer the ones with the hard shells, ground beef, and cheddar cheese.”

Heathens! I’m raising heathens here! :(  

I feel your pain. I went through the effort of making flautas, beautiful delicious flautas I might add, and the kids were like "I don't like these as much as normal tacos", "the inside is too gooey and hot", "why do I have to dip it? I don't have to dip tacos".. in that aggravating whiny little snot face tone of voice.

BLASPHEMY!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1
1 hour ago, luckylager said:

I feel your pain. I went through the effort of making flautas, beautiful delicious flautas I might add, and the kids were like "I don't like these as much as normal tacos", "the inside is too gooey and hot", "why do I have to dip it? I don't have to dip tacos".. in that aggravating whiny little snot face tone of voice.

BLASPHEMY!

Feel free to send their uneaten flautas my way.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

Your food combos are... interesting lol, what inspired it this time and did you use the msg?

I have a lot of curiosity of how things taste and like to mix things together.  This one I've been making  for a few weeks now.  Beans are a good source of protein and top ramen is cheap and many things can be done with top ramen, such as putting chicken and vegetables in it sprinkled with pepper, putting egg in it, making spaghetti, etc. 

A few weeks ago I was thinking of eggs and beans with toast.  It's a great combination, and thought how would beans taste with top ramen with the noodles drained. 

Edited by brilac
  • Vintage 1
1 hour ago, brilac said:

I have a lot of curiosity of how things taste and like to mix things together.  This one I've been making  for a few weeks now.  Beans are a good source of protein and top ramen is cheap and many things can be done with top ramen, such as putting chicken and vegetables in it sprinkled with pepper, putting egg in it, making spaghetti, etc. 

A few weeks ago I was thinking of eggs and beans with toast.  It's a great combination, and thought how would beans taste with top ramen with the noodles drained. 

Interesting.  I treat beans as a starch so I'm not really a fan of it being paired with another carb but glad you enjoyed it.

• 4 weeks later...

Tonight's menu? Geez man, it's like 3:30 in the morning! I'm not even thinking about food. Just lemme finish this big glass of ice cold water and I'll get back to you later....

regards,  G.

• Haha 1