The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Teams Inquiring About F Alex Burrows

hiebskey

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Why are we all speculating it's the Habs?  

Probably because it is the most likely place he would agree to move to.  

IF we were within any sniffing distance to the playoffs, he would probably want to stay here and not just go to "any" other playoff team.  Giving Montreal as an option would really be hard for him to pass up, and gives pretty good optics as everyone could be happy.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Why are we all speculating it's the Habs?  

You know Burr would be thrilled to wear their jersey for a playoff run. 

Ekland is starting the rumours though that Montreal is caling about him. 

So that probably means Montreal hasn't even picked up the phone and it's a different team. 

Just now, Whale Tail said:

You know Burr would be thrilled to wear their jersey for a playoff run. 

Ekland is starting the rumours though that Montreal is caling about him. 

So that probably means Montreal hasn't even picked up the phone and it's a different team. 

shouldn't we make a complaint to the nhl about montreal tampering with a canuck who is under contract ??? :P

tit for tat i say

let's see their gm pay a $50,000 fine

18 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

shouldn't we make a complaint to the nhl about montreal tampering with a canuck who is under contract ??? :P

tit for tat i say

let's see their gm pay a $50,000 fine

Montreal's gm hasn't  been dumb enough to publicly tell a reporter that they have interest in a player under contract to another team. 

14 minutes ago, the_impersonator13 said:

After seeing the debacle at the deadline last year with Hamhuis and Vrbata I have 0 confidence JB can make this type of deal at the deadline.

You guys just refuse to see the reason in the events that transpired.

1 hour ago, the_impersonator13 said:

After seeing the debacle at the deadline last year with Hamhuis and Vrbata I have 0 confidence JB can make this type of deal at the deadline.

Hamhuis had just come back from a long-term injury. Dallas tried to pull a cheap one on Benning who didn't take a low pick for Hamhuis. Of course, this is all based on rumours, but Dallas signing Hamhuis in the off-season just strengthens that this was the case. Benning and Dallas had a deal in place, Dallas got offered Russell for a cheaper price, came back to Benning with a low-ball offer, then went with Russell as Benning wasn't trading him for a 3rd or 4th round pick. If I remember correctly, this was in the final minutes before the deadline. Russell is an Oiler, and Hamhuis is a Dallas Star. It's on Jim Nill if anything. 

Vrbata has come out and said he made it as difficult as possible for him to get traded because his wife was due to have a baby shortly after the deadline. 

Burrows has a NTC, but let's see what Benning can do with an asset that could be easier to move than either Hamhuis or Vrbata before we pass our judgement. 

On 14/01/2017 at 1:01 AM, elvis15 said:

Soooo... the first link returns an error and the second goes to an Edmonton Sun article on Adam Larsson.

This is why you post an excerpt of the article rather than just a link.

And as usual, some random speculation turns into a bunch of pages of trade proposals.

It's the best i could do from my phone.  It's a fairly long Article talking about different things going on in the NHL.  They talk about burrows a ways down.  

29 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Please...please just send him to Montreal so we can watch him work over Kadri for a few games and possibly the playoffs on national TV

And watch the media all of a sudden gush over the guy they've vilified for the last decade...:rolleyes:

19 hours ago, the_impersonator13 said:

18 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

You guys just refuse to see the reason in the events that transpired.

I could trade a guy that had just missed two months with a broken face.  I mean, I have three Hamhuis posters in my bedroom, so obviously other GM's were fired up about him.

15 hours ago, hiebskey said:

It's the best i could do from my phone.  It's a fairly long Article talking about different things going on in the NHL.  They talk about burrows a ways down.  

Just a suggestion, but if you can't paste the relevant bit as well as the link, maybe just wait until you get to a computer to do it? This is just a forum, it isn't a race to be the first to post something.

On 1/15/2017 at 6:18 PM, elvis15 said:

Just a suggestion, but if you can't paste the relevant bit as well as the link, maybe just wait until you get to a computer to do it? This is just a forum, it isn't a race to be the first to post something.

Damn, you beat me to it. I was just about to write the same thing...

regards,  G.

Archived