The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Ben Hutton Out 3-6 Weeks

swizzey

17 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Might be a handy-break to test our D-depth?

Haven't we been doing that already?  Like for the past 3 years?  At least we have better depth now.  Thanks to Jim.  He's doing a better job than most are giving him credit for.  GCG!

33 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Is it our travel schedule? Is it our medical/training staff? 

just seems like we get hit worse off with our defenseman than other teams.

I would think it has something to do with the sheer amount of rookies on the team. The more green players, the more erratic play that can result in an errant puck going wide or high of the target, as well as younger defensemen wanting to do right by the team in blocking shots, although I don't think Hutton put his hand up to block.

Kinda like Gallagher in Mtl, although I'm shocked that he still has a hand considering who shot that puck.

16 minutes ago, stuman491 said:

Thanks for answering. Makes sense.  I hope when Biega does hit that threshold that Pedan and him can split time.

If Pedan does not get an opportunity this time around, I really hope the media and journalists here start to pick Willie apart..

I don't really like our doom and gloom writers,.  But now is an opportunity to really make Willie uncomfortable.

7 minutes ago, Zedlee said:

Wasn't that the problem last year as well?  We had lots of D men out, that's why Benning wanted depth on D.  It's surely being tested now.

Yup, you're right on both counts. It'll definitely be tested. Injuries are part of hockey and all teams get them, it just feels like we can't ever catch a break as far as health goes.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

If Pedan does not get an opportunity this time around, I really hope the media and journalists here start to pick Willie apart..

I don't really like our doom and gloom writers,.  But now is an opportunity to really make Willie uncomfortable.

Well said.  I agree that usually the local media makes much ado about nothing.  If Willie doesn't get Pedan in for a look I hope they stir up a storm.  Although Willie has found a way to keep Boucher and Rodin out (the latter is now out for the year I think).  SO nothing Willie does at this point surprises me.  Unless he has Boucher and Pedan in next game lol

37 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Sure to Qualify Biegga for expansion.. and should start to rotate Pedan into games, especially the heavy ones.

... but hey, it's WD calling the shots.

Playing Biega for at least 5 more for expansion makes a lot of sense. Allows us to trade another D. But with our luck the night before game 5 Biega will break his foot stepping on an old gummy bear and be out 6 months.

4 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Have they tried voodoo?  If not it might be time....

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

Voodoo? Interesting.... I can't imagine Willie wiggling around and speaking in tongues... oh wait.....

Below is a composite sketch of an individual seen around Rogers Arena in the last two weeks.

scooby-doo-4-scooby-doo-voodoo.jpg

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Below is a composite sketch of an individual seen around Rogers Arena in the last two weeks.

scooby-doo-4-scooby-doo-voodoo.jpg

I think nothing less than an Aquilini making a deal with Papa Legba will get it done at this point........luckily Van City has plenty of cocaine as an offering....

b8d96d5b45292fda221be68c39f23ad9.jpg

Well that just bites!!! Out of curiosity, how much longer is Guddy out? 

To those that suggest it might be time to second guess WD...um, just how much more can we do that than we already are?

Subban...nope. If he wants to be in the NHL...I mean really be...then I think he needs to become a forward. Sure, his offensive numbers are pretty good. But, does he actually contribute more offense (ie goals for) than he allows by lack of defensive ability (ie goals against).

Biega looks like he will be guaranteed to get his number of games towards expansion draft eligibility. And Pedan; come on, play the man, figure out if he is NHL material or not. We have a few up-and-coming guys that will need playing time (Olsen, Juolevi, Cederholm, et al) and keeping an AHL only Dman should be very low on the priority list.

41 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I would think it has something to do with the sheer amount of rookies on the team. The more green players, the more erratic play that can result in an errant puck going wide or high of the target, as well as younger defensemen wanting to do right by the team in blocking shots, although I don't think Hutton put his hand up to block.

Kinda like Gallagher in Mtl, although I'm shocked that he still has a hand considering who shot that puck.

The fact that Gallagher isn't trying to learn how to play hockey with a prosthetic hand is a small miracle.

1 hour ago, stuman491 said:

I assume this is how we lineup then.  Any chance that Pedan will draw in instead of Biega?  

Sbisa - Tanev

Edler - Stetcher

Tryamkin - Biega 

Pedan plays the left side, so he won't replace Biega. It's possible Tryamkin or maybe even Sbisa could switch sides to accommodate him, but it'd mean a reshuffle of the pairings so hard to say.

Tough news to have yet another injury on D (or anywhere for that matter). It keeps us from getting too good, but also keeps us from trading away players come the deadline for picks or prospects. I'd rather just be healthy to see what we really have.

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

Lol.  That's because you have no idea what you are talking about.  

The kid is a defensive disaster in the AHL. 

Why would he be better in the NHL?

he's so terrible that he's going to at the ahl all star game. 

I would like to see the team just rotate prospects though the big club. 3 game sets. (I don't know how the cap or salaries would be effected)from a fans stand point it would bring some excitement to see the young guys get a few games. Biega could still be in the rotation he's a solid #7 depth. But give the kids a look too. 

1 minute ago, combover said:

he's so terrible that he's going to at the ahl all star game. 

I would like to see the team just rotate prospects though the big club. 3 game sets. (I don't know how the cap or salaries would be effected)from a fans stand point it would bring some excitement to see the young guys get a few games. Biega could still be in the rotation he's a solid #7 depth. But give the kids a look too. 

I'm wondering if .Subban needs to move on to another organization to get a chance?  All the injuries to our D, and he doesn't even get a sniff.

Archived