The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

On 3/11/2017 at 8:46 AM, Green Building said:

That picture confirms what I figured when he scored that goal, that he was calmly chewing on his mouth guard all the way up the ice. Move over Tanev, you aren't the only one that can play with a smoke in your mouth.

Hahaha! Yeah everyone's standing Lol 

5 hours ago, b3. said:

Willie is saying that it will be a couple games before Goldobin is ready to play, due to him needing more practice. He must still be recovering, or learning the "systems".

If he lost even half of the 15 pounds he was reported to have lost, he's lost a lot of strength. If he really lost 15 pounds, he is as weak as a kitten. Of course he's not ready to play yet.

• Upvote 3

On 3/20/2017 at 11:16 AM, b3. said:

Willie is saying that it will be a couple games before Goldobin is ready to play, due to him needing more practice. He must still be recovering, or learning the "systems".

He will probably be on the sidelines the rest of the year. Injuries aside he doesnt know the systems and thus does not have Willies trust whatsoever. 

Edited by Ronaldoescobar

50 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

He will probably be on the sidelines the rest of the year. Injuries aside he doesnt know the systems and thus does not have Willies trust whatsoever. 

I'd be shocked to see him miss that much. I imagine that he might be back in shape within a week and perhaps get some more PP time like he's already had.

5 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Aiming to please...

15 pounds! wow! I hope that was all water weight because that would put him down to 170 lbs and it would take a lot to recover that. Hope to see him in soon - was one of the last reason I even wanted to watch the remaining games. 

1 minute ago, elvis15 said:

Haven't checked how much he played tonight (started the game on the PVR late...) but I was guessing earlier when I heard he was in that he'd be used a little less to allow him to catch up after being sick.

Little under 13 minutes.  

I've been thinking about the similarities between Goldobin and Shirokov. Theres not too many but maybe enough to warrant a mention. Not really comparing them but they basically have the same skill set.

I was and am a fan of Shiro and thought that the obsession with defence from AV was his death knell.

I don't care to see that error repeated.

Does anyone know anything about this guy? ARTYOM MANUKYAN

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=312221

He had 105 points in the MHL this year. Was draft eligible last year. His scoring in the MHL is literally the best season ever. 5'7" Russian guy who scores in boat loads

EDIT: Totally thought I was in the draft thread. My bad.

On Goldobin, I thought he had a solid game tonight, was pretty safe out there making smart plays, and had a couple good forechecks. I think Willie is treating him similar to Baertschi. Getting the D going, and then letting his offense play out after.

Edited by Derp...

On 3/8/2017 at 3:18 AM, mangosteens said:

Am I the only one who sees a Nail Yakupov clone in Goldobin?

Same height and stature. 5'11 and about 190ish pounds.

Yakupov was born Oct.6th 1993, Goldy was born Oct.7th 1995.  So, they are the same age when you compare them in their draft years.

Both played for the Sarnia Sting and put up similar numbers.  Yakupov had more points per game.

Both are fast and have a good release on their shots.

Both seem to be lost in the defensive zone but have an ability to pounce on offensive chances.

Hope Goldobin develops better than Yak.

Goldobin will develope better than Yak simply because the Oilers didn't get thier hands on him.

• Upvote 1