The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Miller is the Canucks nominee for Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, CanuckinEdm said:

why?

Explain who you would have nominated and why.

Is Miller going to win? Absolutely not. It is a way for his team to acknowledge the contribution he has made to the community and to the team in a leadership role. Just look at other nominees around the league. It is fortunate that the Canucks don't have someone that has had to overcome family tragedy/illness/horrific injury.

After standing up for Troy, I think he's definitely our best nominee. 

Ryan Miller is all man. Ten times the man Luongo ever portrayed to be for our team. 

Miller should win this IMO. He won't, but he should. 

Guess my sig is a major reflection of my bias on this matter. 

1 hour ago, Sygvard said:

Because he has played in roughly 140% of the games this season. Grinding out solid goaltending night after night behind a defence that regularly gives up 40 shots.

There is something to be said for a goalie that plays each game like it matters. I'm ok with this nomination.  

Fuzzy math is fuzzy. October and January were good. I don't care if you face over 40 shots a game, months with a SV% under .900 is not worth celebrating. 

35 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Explain who you would have nominated and why.

Is Miller going to win? Absolutely not. It is a way for his team to acknowledge the contribution he has made to the community and to the team in a leadership role. Just look at other nominees around the league. It is fortunate that the Canucks don't have someone that has had to overcome family tragedy/illness/horrific injury.

My vote would be Rodin Blown out knee to blown out knee still stuck in Vancouver to be with the team ... and he got the mumps.

But seriously I think my nominee would have been Sutter his first year with us he needed a surgery for a sports hernia then comes back and breaks his jaw this season hes put up a decent season with a hurt wrist to me this is more deserving then Miller who is having an ok season with a good month its not like hes having a crazy season and played like 95% of our games hes at 50 games 75 games into the season. 

3 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

My vote would be Rodin Blown out knee to blown out knee still stuck in Vancouver to be with the team ... and he got the mumps.

But seriously I think my nominee would have been Sutter his first year with us he needed a surgery for a sports hernia then comes back and breaks his jaw this season hes put up a decent season with a hurt wrist to me this is more deserving then Miller who is having an ok season with a good month its not like hes having a crazy season and played like 95% of our games hes at 50 games 75 games into the season. 

As sad as it is, Rodin didn't exactly overcome his struggles this year.

50 minutes ago, apollo said:

After standing up for Troy, I think he's definitely our best nominee. 

Ryan Miller is all man. Ten times the man Luongo ever portrayed to be for our team. 

Miller should win this IMO. He won't, but he should. 

Guess my sig is a major reflection of my bias on this matter. 

you know apollo

there is no need to pump up miller

by denigrating luongo in the process

it's not all about macho / manly stuff

luongo was and continues to be a true pro

playing at a high level still (as he did with the canucks.. remember his first playoff series with us ? he was all man . .all world)

while being the oldest starting goalie in the league

and i do agree miller has been excellent for this team during his tenure here

10 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

you know apollo

there is no need to pump up miller

by denigrating luongo in the process

it's not all about macho / manly stuff

luongo was and continues to be a true pro

playing at a high level still (as he did with the canucks.. remember his first playoff series with us ? he was all man . .all world)

while being the oldest starting goalie in the league

and i do agree miller has been excellent for this team during his tenure here

Well he broke my heart as an adult... A man breaking another man's heart. 

Here's a few facts 

- no fan base, in the history of sports, EVER treated a goalie as well as we did... We cheered him EVERY SINGLE SAVE... 

- Luongo turned his back on us fans, that died for him. Just because of Torts not starting him in the heritage classic. Torts was not the thousands of fans that stood by you for years... And 18k+ that nightly luuuuuuuuuuuud his every single save which has started a new trend in hockey... 

- media was unfair to him causing him to become bitter 

- some fans were also unfair to him... Many on CDC too... But for every fan that didn't support him, there's was 2 more that did

Luongo is a first ballet hall of famer...dont get me wrong. Also the best overall consistent goalie from 2004-2014

But damn straight I stand by my comments. He abandoned ship over an insane American coach that in 0 way resembled his truest fans. 

Maybe one day I'll get over luongos departure... At first I was fine with it and still worshipped him but, 2 years later. I'm angry. Maybe with time that'll change but he's show 0 loyalty to his biggest fans post departure. 

I was 10x the luongo supporter any stupid Florida fan ever will be. 

Had he made a letter like burrows, that would help but he didn't. 

/heartbreakcity

12 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I nominate @apollo

he has had to over come so much

including his distorted view of what luongo should have done

in the face of the goalie mess created and mishandled by this organization

and the utter lack of respect and dignity luongo was shown my torts

lay that all at the feet of luongo if you wish apollo

maybe you will fully overcome it in time for the masterton trophy voting :P

otherwise you might have to wait for a year or longer

18 minutes ago, apollo said:

Well he broke my heart as an adult... A man breaking another man's heart. 

Here's a few facts 

- no fan base, in the history of sports, EVER treated a goalie as well as we did... We cheered him EVERY SINGLE SAVE... 

- Luongo turned his back on us fans, that died for him. Just because of Torts not starting him in the heritage classic. Torts was not the thousands of fans that stood by you for years... And 18k+ that nightly luuuuuuuuuuuud his every single save which has started a new trend in hockey... 

- media was unfair to him causing him to become bitter 

- some fans were also unfair to him... Many on CDC too... But for every fan that didn't support him, there's was 2 more that did

Luongo is a first ballet hall of famer...dont get me wrong. Also the best overall consistent goalie from 2004-2014

But damn straight I stand by my comments. He abandoned ship over an insane American coach that in 0 way resembled his truest fans. 

Maybe one day I'll get over luongos departure... At first I was fine with it and still worshipped him but, 2 years later. I'm angry. Maybe with time that'll change but he's show 0 loyalty to his biggest fans post departure. 

I was 10x the luongo supporter any stupid Florida fan ever will be. 

Had he made a letter like burrows, that would help but he didn't. 

/heartbreakcity

I didn't even know Luongo took ballet let alone would be a first ballot hall of famer at it. :lol:

Archived