The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

26 minutes ago, cory40 said:

Well when you understand hockey a little better. you will understand that when players are over paid they affect the whole team. And I feel they so over paid McDavid they will realize they can't compete with a team with two 6 million dollar forwards maybe 7 million. And they will look at moving Mcdavid only because of the contract he signed and not because of how good McDavid is. Kind a like the untouchable Eric Karlson out of Ottawa. Oh wait he is now on the trade board. Anyways it depends on the Oilers season next year. And I do believe Leon Draisaitl is possible bait already. Imagine a good young over paid prospect or player coming out of Edmonton. I have been a Oilers fan too long to not see the writing on the wall based all on poor management. Had they paid McDavid 8 mill it works. 9mill would be stretching it . but 12 million they will learn very quickly he is not a 12 million dollar man.

I’m going to have to call it in the middle and say 10 mill. The draistle signing was awful one big season and a solid playoff round and he gets a blank check to fill out, the 2 of them combined shouldn’t be north of 17mill 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, cory40 said:

Well when you understand hockey a little better. you will understand that when players are over paid they affect the whole team. And I feel they so over paid McDavid they will realize they can't compete with a team with two 6 million dollar forwards maybe 7 million. And they will look at moving Mcdavid only because of the contract he signed and not because of how good McDavid is. Kind a like the untouchable Eric Karlson out of Ottawa. Oh wait he is now on the trade board. Anyways it depends on the Oilers season next year. And I do believe Leon Draisaitl is possible bait already. Imagine a good young over paid prospect or player coming out of Edmonton. I have been a Oilers fan too long to not see the writing on the wall based all on poor management. Had they paid McDavid 8 mill it works. 9mill would be stretching it . but 12 million they will learn very quickly he is not a 12 million dollar man.

The irony.  I suppose you're not familiar with the contracts of Crosby and Malkin.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, cory40 said:

If McDavid gets 95 pts this year and 95 next year. He is totally overpaid and he is trade bait because they still won't be in the play-offs. But it is my opinion, and The Oilers said that about Taylor Hall and all the other prospects on OTHER TEams.

If McDavid is the bait, then I really hope Jim is the big dumb fish.  That would be AWESOME!  I would easily trade anything for McDavid.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

So now 45 points in 37 games for Elias?  :towel:  http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=266336

If he can get 3 points in his next 2 games > he will tie Peter Forsberg for the 2knd best U20 season in the SHL in history.  (PPG) He will also pass Henrik Sedin. Wicked! Knock on wood, no injuries, he will be ahead of Sedin & Forsberg in outright points & still has a chance at surpassing Nilsson.

Will sit behind only Kent Nilsson...  Here is a chart from earlier in the year;

SHL junior points-per-game - Elias Pettersson Source: Via EliteProspects.com

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

So now 45 points in 37 games for Elias?  :towel:  http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=266336

If he can get 3 points in his next 2 games > he will tie Peter Forsberg for the 2knd best U20 season in the SHL in history.  (PPG) He will also pass Henrik Sedin. Wicked! Knock on wood, no injuries, he will be ahead of Sedin & Forsberg in outright points & still has a chance at surpassing Nilsson.

Well that is just unbelievable 

4 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Did he play recently?

21 hours ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

If McDavid is the bait, then I really hope Jim is the big dumb fish.  That would be AWESOME!  I would easily trade anything for McDavid.

This topic is about Elias Petterson.  

Moderator.....enough already.  Can you tell these guys to please shut the &^@# up about McDavid. 

thank you

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

This quote from Bo  (the Province sports{) is why AG and EP are going to be on the team next year...they both have the same drive that Bo has....

This quote is also for all you guys saying Bo will never be a #1 center:

“It drives me crazy, absolutely,” he said. “Anytime someone doubts you, you want to dig deeper and push harder and prove them wrong.

“It’s what I’ve been doing my whole career.

“Not everyone thinks I can be a first-line centre. And before it was those who weren’t sure I could be a second-line centre.

“My goal is to prove those people wrong.”

Registered beautician 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

This quote from Bo  (the Province sports{) is why AG and EP are going to be on the team next year...they both have the same drive that Bo has....

“It drives me crazy, absolutely,” he said. “Anytime someone doubts you, you want to dig deeper and push harder and prove them wrong.

“Not everyone thinks I can be a first-line centre. And before it was those who weren’t sure I could be a second-line centre.

I love it.

I don't necessarily agree that he'll be a first line center on a contending team in this league, but I'll be beyond thrilled if he can prove me wrong.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I think Bo can only 20g scorer and very doubtful he'll be a 30g scorer

That should help increase the number of goals we score next season

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, BlackBeard said:

I think Bo can only 20g scorer and very doubtful he'll be a 30g scorer

That should help increase the number of goals we score next season

If you prorate his statistics this season over a 82 game season he is a 30 goal 60 point player. A better offensive version of David Backes

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Kesler was the same as this.  Everyone thought he was a 3rd line grinder with no scoring touch.  It really bothered Kes, so he worked his ass off and proved everyone wrong by scoring 41.

...I suppose we should be thanking the Negatories  for their input...

...That EP is wayyyyy toooo skinny to ever make it in the NHL...

...eke out a few more pounds of muscle if enough of you keep this going....

I wonder how Pettersson is using this break to get better? From the sounds of things he loves to work on his skill and does the weights because it helps his game not cause he enjoys it. I imagine he will be fresh for the final push of his season and may even go on a tear offensively