The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, therodigy said:

I was about to say... If this is Petey cold, I don't mind...

57 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no kidding. Over a ppg and people are complaining :picard:

Of course I'm disappointed....

I am expecting him to break Gretzky's record of 215 points this season.  

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I'm really baffled at how many people think Petey is starting off slow.

He had 66 points in 71 games last year for a points-per-game of 0.930.

This year he has 10 points in 9 games so far for a points-per-game of 1.111.

I have to assume it's the 2 goals that are making people freak out, but I wouldn't look past his 8 assists.

it's the eye test moreso than the stats I'd say.. he doesn't seem as dominant as last year and isn't burying his chances as often. But the fact that he's still over a PPG player.. super exciting. once he gets going, that'll be exciting to watch 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I have to assume it's the 2 goals that are making people freak out, but I wouldn't look past his 8 assists.

People see what they want to.  Petey took the league by storm early last year so if he doesn't this year.... disappointment.  

Not worried about the big 4, Petey, Bo, Brock and Quinn.  They maybe won't be all firing at full power at the same time, but Bo and Quinn are more than able to carry the load while Petey and Brock settle in.  

Petey was doing a fair bit on his own in terms of creating offenders last year.  I think there have been some adjustments to his game in terms of involving his teammates more which was driven out of necessity due to how close he gets checked out there.  The two way play is very important in terms of team success he doesn’t cheat often or at all for offense.  

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

That defensive play he made in the third, when he dove to intercept a cross-crease pass, was amazing!  Then he got up, skated fast up the ice, and set up the Schaller goal.  The kid is absolutely a brilliant player.  He reads the game at hyper speed.  

Actually he got his ass off the ice after breaking up a potential game tying goal, and beat half the team up the ice to the offensive zone, Then skated hard back to the Canucks defensive zone then skated hard back to the offensive zone, dished the puck off to Schaller then went to the net! ;) 

8 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Hockey is especially the one sport you can’t just look at stats in a small sample size though.

He’s not going to sustain his production if he continues to play the way he’s playing. I hope and believe he gets it together soon.

I think a lot of people are missing what a solid game EP plays overall. Sure, not as flashy as last year, but I think that's by design to some degree. He's been very good defensively and does a lot of the little things along the boards etc. that you need to do to win.

His shot is a bit off though, and at times he seems a little frustrated, but if this is the sophomore slump I'll take it.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I think that is the weird thing about Petey and he did it a bit last year.

He goes games where he seems somewhat invisible yet at the end of the game he has a point or multiple points. Makes me wonder how great he will be when he brings on some more consistency with all his skills....scary.

Even scarier, Hughes looks like the D version of him....creative....crazy stick skills...good god!!  :shock:

• Cheers 1

E.P. needs time to figure out how to (re)establish his dominance over the NHL. Until he and Boeser figure it out, our team will at best resemble the Naslund, Morrison and Bertuzzi era. I am willing to wait for E.P. It took Nathan MacKinnon 5 seasons to figure it out. However, my wishful thinking is that if E.P. and Boeser don't figure it out this season, I hope Canucks miss the playoffs and get a lottery pick in the 2020 draft. 

19 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

E.P. needs time to figure out how to (re)establish his dominance over the NHL. Until he and Boeser figure it out, our team will at best resemble the Naslund, Morrison and Bertuzzi era. I am willing to wait for E.P. It took Nathan MacKinnon 5 seasons to figure it out. However, my wishful thinking is that if E.P. and Boeser don't figure it out this season, I hope Canucks miss the playoffs and get a lottery pick in the 2020 draft. 

10 points in 9 games is nothing to sneeze at 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

By dominate I mean a player who can single-handedly win the game for you:

- Leon Draisaitl;

- Connor Mcdavid;

- David Patrnak

- Alex Ovechkin

- Jack Eichel

Quinn Hughes

Bo Horvat

Marky

ELIAS PETTERSSON

JB has created a team full of winners.  :towel:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Quinn Hughes

Bo Horvat

Marky

ELIAS PETTERSSON

JB has created a team full of winners.  :towel:

1 hour ago, Maddogy said:

- Leon Draisaitl;

- Connor Mcdavid;

- David Patrnak

- Alex Ovechkin

- Jack Eichel

Willie D will win the cup

Skille

Megna 

Chaput

Gaunce

Larsen

Image result for willie desjardins"

• Haha 2

On 10/25/2019 at 10:37 AM, Mrwipeout said:

damn right! since Miller joined their line they are starting to come together and produce. top 3 points on the team: Miller, petey, Brock....thats our go to line for offense and i think they will continue to produce throughout the season. That line is solid! :canucks:

I think that line had a game goodor two and is now mostly ineffective.  Miller was far better of Bo's line than Petey's.  If they insist on Boes and Petey together, then keep Ferland/Pearson there and go with Miller Bo Jake

• Wat 1

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think that line had a game goodor two and is now mostly ineffective.  Miller was far better of Bo's line than Petey's.  If they insist on Boes and Petey together, then keep Ferland/Pearson there and go with Miller Bo Jake

Heard some analytics guy from back east on the radio today saying that Miller, Petey, Bess was a top five line in the league 5 on 5.  

• Cheers 1

On 10/25/2019 at 10:39 AM, Maddogy said:

- Leon Draisaitl;

- Connor Mcdavid;

- David Patrnak

- Alex Ovechkin

- Jack Eichel

I'd rather just have a team that can win the cup. 1 person's not going to do that alone and, if you need evidence of that, look at every team that's one the cup. Also notice how each team's makeup is generally different but they all have one thing is common: everyone works together.

I think you're dwelling way too much on details and not really thinking things through to be honest.

Edited by The Lock