The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Not to say Glass won’t be a great player but imagine the outrage on CDC if we had taken him instead of EP at this point. 

Right! Honestly EP might end up being the best out of the top 5. Brilliant. We've drafted the perfect balance of skill, speed, size.. We got good goaltending prospects and now we just need a number 1 dman. Please Dahlin!!!! 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Not to say Glass won’t be a great player but imagine the outrage on CDC if we had taken him instead of EP at this point. 

Really tempted to bring up the pages of people whining about the pick.  If I remember correctly, there was a definite minority of us who were pleased with the selection.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, BCNate said:

Benning has taken a lot of heat around here for going off of the board with his picks.  If he has gone "consensus" we would have had:

Glass

Tkachuk

Konecny

Ehlers/Nylander

Instead we have:
Petterson

Joulevi

Boeser

Virtanen

Neither list is perfect, but I am pretty content with what we have.  What do you think?

The faster Jake progresses...the better this looks and I think he is turning a corner this year ...maybe a 20 goal scorer next year if he gets some linemates....

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Benning has taken a lot of heat around here for going off of the board with his picks.  If he has gone "consensus" we would have had:

Glass

Tkachuk

Konecny

Ehlers/Nylander

Instead we have:
Petterson

Joulevi

Boeser

Virtanen

Neither list is perfect, but I am pretty content with what we have.  What do you think?

I would still give the consensus the upper hand to date as Juolevi and Petterson haven't played in the NHL yet and Virtanen has vastly underwhelmed compared to Nylander and Ehlers. However, it looks like JB hit a grand slam selecting Boeser and Petterson looks unreal. Juolevi may never be the top 2 puck mover we all hope for but I'm sure he will be a solid top 3 in the future which is fine by me. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Really tempted to bring up the pages of people whining about the pick.  If I remember correctly, there was a definite minority of us who were pleased with the selection.

See if you can bring up mine. I can't remember what I thought but I probably didn't favour him because even then I thought we should be going for more push back - who that was in the draft I have no idea now.

The point I'm trying to make is, it doesn't matter to me now, he is ours and so I will get behind him. I'm sure most people think like that.

11 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

See if you can bring up mine. I can't remember what I thought but I probably didn't favour him because even then I thought we should be going for more push back - who that was in the draft I have no idea now.

The point I'm trying to make is, it doesn't matter to me now, he is ours and so I will get behind him. I'm sure most people think like that.

Respect for eating a little bit of crow.  Even better now that Gadjovich is turning out to be a gem as well to fill that need!