The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

31 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I can't find anywhere about this flu thing that's everyone is talking about. Might not be true. I mean if he had the flu, he wouldn't play.

Pretty sure it was said by the commentators last game.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

This is something I've been saying too, which is just like Brock: put elite players with good players and they'll thrive, but put them with players a step or two below and they will look almost mediocre as well. Brock is now in the NHL and crushing it. Once EP is as well, he will crush it even more than we've already seen in the SEL. 

I think OJ will be the same kind of progression once he makes the team and plays with NHL players (not that I think he's elite, but he's too good for playing with juniors). Once he's passing it to players that can take his crisp passes on a quick transition, he will stand out much more than he has the last two years. 

Core of Bo (two way force),  Brock (sniper) , EP (playmaker),  OJ (steady top 2 D)  and Demko (starting goalie) has the potential of a Cup-winning team one day. 

Absolutely and agree on OJ as well.  He also has that same high hockey IQ that makes players transition better than their points totals suggest. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, SamJamIam said:

Absolutely and agree on OJ as well.  He also has that same high hockey IQ that makes players transition better than their points totals suggest. 

100 percent. EP reminds me a bit of Henrik. Uses everyone around him. That's How you create offence. Trying to skate end to end through everyone rarely works. Even for McJesus. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

100 percent. EP reminds me a bit of Henrik. Uses everyone around him. That's How you create offence. Trying to skate end to end through everyone rarely works. Even for McJesus. 

And in todays NHL players need to slow a bit or they spend 4 mos on injure reserve.

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

That's why I feel like Pettersson will be a winger at the NHL level. Just like the posters above said, Pettersson needs someone that gets the puck to his stick, much like Boeser. That is why I think a Pettersson/Horvat/Boeser line makes a whole lot of sense. Pettersson is the "playmaker" (we all know this kid can shoot the puck as good as Boeser, maybe even better), Horvat is our Brendan Morrison, and Boeser is goalscorer.

I disagree on Pettersson needing someone to get the puck to his stick. He can control on the rush, or on the outside when set up in the zone. He creates chances for himself, and for others. Now, I'm not saying he should be a center, but he won't rely as much as Boeser on receiving the puck (Boeser does this very effectively for quick release chances). He'll be the one feeding Boeser those passes - assuming he doesn't set up and then take the shot himself with Boeser creating space.

Horvat could add to that line very well, but he'd be the workhorse. He'd be pressuring and turning over pucks in all zones and creating general havoc to make space for the others.

54 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I can't find anywhere about this flu thing that's everyone is talking about. Might not be true. I mean if he had the flu, he wouldn't play.

was on twitter from someone at the event. think it was Ray Ferraro or something.  He's been ok so far in the 1st but team sweden as a team has kinda been lackluster.  He has had some decent chances but failed to finish.  He needs to be put on a line with Nylander and Anderssen.  Just stack it up and rack up the points lol. Kinda a meh first period. He definitely isn't dominating but I kinda figure thats due to the quality of his linemates.

on the flip side.  Swiss has a very fast team and they are doing a great job pressuring the Swedish D.  So many interrupted plays by the Swedish blueline on their d zone exits. Clearly a very good period for Swiss.

Edited by Rush17