The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Thank God four teams were dumbos at the draft and let us have Petey at number five.  Hischer and (forgot the Philly pick) are looking like pretty average (at best) players.  

The only issue is that NJD massively overpaid to extend Hischer.... thus giving EP way more leverage to get more money during negotiating.  

I just hope that GMBJ can reason with him by pointing out that Bo and Brock took a relative discount when they didn't have to.  Then point to the Oilers and TML on how having too many players with heavy contract will sink a team.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 11/22/2019 at 10:13 PM, Lancaster said:

The only issue is that NJD massively overpaid to extend Hischer.... thus giving EP way more leverage to get more money during negotiating.  

I just hope that GMBJ can reason with him by pointing out that Bo and Brock took a relative discount when they didn't have to.  Then point to the Oilers and TML on how having too many players with heavy contract will sink a team.  

This is why you need late draft picks to make the line-up (Like JB has done).

On 11/25/2019 at 4:03 PM, Mackcanuck said:

How can you not love this guy?:wub:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.narcity.com/amp/vancouver-canucks-elias-pettersson-hit-a-fan-with-a-puck-and-had-a-super-canadian-apology

Elias Pettersson might be from Sweden but he's being so Canadian lately. At Monday night's Canucks game against the Philadelphia Flyers, Vancouver Canucks' Elias Pettersson, AKA Petey, shot a puck during warm-up. It ended up hitting the crossbar and striking a Canucks fan who in the stands at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. He made it up to them by giving them an autographed hat and it was the most Canadian thing ever.

The hat Petey signed said simply, "Sorry about the puck," on one side of the brim and had his autograph on the other side.

Petey's apology is super Canadian and at 21-years-old he's a very polite Canuck player.

Luckily, the fan appeared uninjured and in good spirits since they seemed to pose for photos with the signed hat later. 

Even though the Canucks lost to the Flyers in their game on Monday, November 25 at least we have this memorable moment to treasure from the game. 

Canadians are the first to make fun of our penchant for apologizing. It's a really strong part of our culture and it sets us apart from the rest of the world.

Few things are so Canadian as apologizing for hitting someone with your hockey puck. It's so Canadian that it sounds like the punchline of a joke.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2019 at 2:57 PM, Yung1 said:

Looking at this photo, Petey might actually be 6'4 like what was reported in that one swedish article over the summer. Brock is 6'1 and Petey looks at least 2-3 inches taller. Could just be the angle though.

I think it's the angle but yeah he seems taller than 6'2 as listed.

By the way, Brock looks reminds me of Markus Naslund on that photo.

On 11/22/2019 at 6:20 PM, Alflives said:

Thank God four teams were dumbos at the draft and let us have Petey at number five.  Hischer and (forgot the Philly pick) are looking like pretty average (at best) players.  

lol I guess it's more the case that JB and his scouts were smart and bold enough to pick Petey rather than those four teams being dumb. But yeah, thank god.

And Makar looks like he will be of same caliber of player as EP so Colorado wasn't dumb. 

5 minutes ago, khay said:

lol I guess it's more the case that JB and his scouts were smart and bold enough to pick Petey rather than those four teams being dumb. But yeah, thank god.

And Makar looks like he will be of same caliber of player as EP so Colorado wasn't dumb. 

Good point about Makar.  He’s great.  

44 minutes ago, khay said:

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Good point about Makar.  He’s great.  

12 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

As much as i like Huggybear i still got to admit, Makar has impressed me too. Great all over the ice. Dont think hes as good as QH on the PP though :P

Makar is also a year older don't forget.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1