The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I just read a short article from stortsnet claiming petey has a wrist injury that will or could see him out the rest of this year.  Are long term effects the norm for wrist injuries? This article was written 12 hrs ago. 

Edited by Dannydog

5 hours ago, Dannydog said:

I just read a short article from stortsnet claiming petey has a wrist injury that will or could see him out the rest of this year.  Are long term effects the norm for wrist injuries? This article was written 12 hrs ago. 

One thing I can tell you is that "overuse" injuries can become problematic in a tendinitis deal that can linger.  Not saying that's what it is, but I had tennis elbow from working at a computer so long and it took time to heal it.  I had to make some adjustments and do things a bit differently (like supporting my elbow that used to just hang down off my desk).  It was incredibly painful at times and it took time to resolve.

I have no idea what Petey's issue is...only hope it gets fully resolved and that taking this time just means they're making sure (more so than it being a bad injury that is problematic).  We need him.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

So, does Petey get his shot back? Get that flex in that stick back to where he's shooting at 98mph again ?

Pretty sure he was comfortably over 100 mph at the All-Star game. 

9 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

Ok , my bad over 100 again.

It will heal.  Watch his interview.  They discussed surgery but the doctors decided it just needed rest.  It's a whiplash of the wrist. Not a chronic thing, not a chop with a stick. 

It will heal completely.

• Thanks 1

“It happened on my second shift against Winnipeg on March 1st,” said Pettersson. “I have the puck on the blue line, mishandle it, I’m going to reach the puck and then my stick hit Nate Thompson’s shin pad. That made my wrist kind of like whip off of his shin pad which kind of like hyperextended my wrist, but it’s getting better, almost at 100%.”

https://canucksarmy.com/2021/05/20/elias-pettersson-reveals-further-details-injury-says-loves-life/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

One of those fluke things that has cursed us here.

I hope there are no l lingering effects in this...wrist, of all things.  Petey's sniping tool.

If Boeser’s recovery is any indication… the Canucks are in the playoffs next year.

Add Podkolzin. I assume he’ll look like a Ferrari Höglander…

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

these guys dont waste time getting home after the season. You wonder if they even have a good bye get together (or zoom meating)

Way to make a negative comment over nothing.

Petey said in his exit interview that he hasn't been home in Sweden since last June so he is going to spend his summer at home.

Negative garbage.  Stop it.

• Cheers 4