The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

39 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

It's during dark times like these that I most appreciate your little positive posts.

I always find it interesting to see who is the highest in points that moved up the all-time scoring list.  Been a stretch of Pettersson.  Shouldn't be too surprised, Edler doesn't get points like he used to while Horvat and Boeser have a bit of a gap to make up before they pass someone (although Boeser is quickly closing his).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He's not on the road trip so there is no reason for secrecy - the opponents all know he is not playing.

I don't get why the team treats the fans with such a lack of interest when it comes to injuries to key players.  I mean in the playoffs it's one thing to hide the condition of players from your opponent.  But in the regular season... it seems needless. 

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

He's not on the road trip so there is no reason for secrecy - the opponents all know he is not playing.

I don't get why the team treats the fans with such a lack of interest when it comes to injuries to key players.  I mean in the playoffs it's one thing to hide the condition of players from your opponent.  But in the regular season... it seems needless. 

Some injuries are harder to put timelines on. It’s not like with a broken bone where they can confidently say 4-6 weeks.

No point in him throwing out numbers when they’re not sure. Then fans will overreact if they’re out longer.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Some injuries are harder to put timelines on. It’s not like with a broken bone where they can confidently say 4-6 weeks.

No point in him throwing out numbers when they’re not sure. Then fans will overreact if they’re out longer.

Agreed but.  The NFL does a pretty good job keeping fans informed on injuries.  No reason the NHL can't adopt a different policy that is more inclusive of the fans.  The fan experience in the NHL could do with some improvement.

Who cares though?

What difference does knowing when he will be back make for you? Are you planning on going to a game and want to see him play? Like DeNiro said, had they presented a time line and it became longer, a certain segment of this fan base who are up in arms over anything, would be doing so.

He will be back when you see #40 on the ice.

36 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Who cares though?

What difference does knowing when he will be back make for you?

Who cares?

Fans that want to see him play.

Gamblers trying to figure out the odds of victory.

Those people that have him  or his linemates in their hockey pool.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, gurn said:

Who cares?

Fans that want to see him play.

Gamblers trying to figure out the odds of victory.

Those people that have him  or his linemates in their hockey pool.

The team does not owe gamblers anything.

The team does not owe fantasy players anything.

The fans are the only ones who the team owes, and even then, they don't owe the fans an exact timeline for his return, especially when it may be unknown to even them.

• RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

The team does not owe gamblers anything.

The team does not owe fantasy players anything.

The fans are the only ones who the team owes, and even then, they don't owe the fans an exact timeline for his return, especially when it may be unknown to even them.

You asked "who cares" I told you a few that care.

does the team owe anything to........ is a different question.

• Cheers 1

On 3/16/2021 at 3:59 PM, Dannydog said:

Is it weird how nothing has come out about what Pete's injury is?  Awfully tight-lipped. Or is it just me. I cant seem to find anything rumored or not about it. The media doesn't even seem interested . 

I think it is post covid symptoms.

Nothing else explained his drastic drop in play.

• Haha 1