The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, John_Guest said:

So what's happening with Petterson's wrist then?

I was listening to I think it was Eliot Friedman on I think it was called the Donnie and Dahl show last night and Friedman was talking like Pettersson's wrist hadn't healed yet and might not ever heal.

Freak me out guy. Thanks a lot Donnie the Downer and crew. I was just starting to feel good about my Canucks and you lay that on me.

Benning or one of his lackeys like to spread rumours I guess.

I've read a fair few negative rumours about players. Afterwards the opposite rumour comes out.

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

This popped up on my YouTube listings ... Apologies if it has been posted before.  Kinda wierd being just snippets, but kinda cute too .......

I remember when high school girls couldn't stop talking about Taylor Pyatt's eyes. Guess Petey's the next Pyatt?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If Petey signs for 3 years (say at $7.5), maybe it's him giving VAN 3 years to become a winner, or else?  Benning better not trade Boeser.

Players want to win, especially players with God-given talent who have won their entire careers. 

I feel good about where the team is at right now. Benning made a lot of big changes, it looks like a reset. I expect a much better VAN team next season.

• Cheers 1

Next season wil be interesting, not sure how the3rd and 4th liners will work out, How well will Podkolzin fit in?  However the main concern is the D. OEL is great, QH is an offensive force and Myers is ok. Would have been great if Schmidt would have stayed, now the D is questionable since OEL cant eat up all the minutes on the ice.....

7 minutes ago, FlyLow_ said:

You can always tell Petey is disgusted by losing. Wish there was more of that mindset in the organization. 

Well too bad for Petey. What about the people who have followed this team for 50 years? When was the last time he bought a hockey ticket? What did he do last year that was so great? Yeah,Yeah, I know he was hurt…But he wasn’t having that brilliant a year before his injury. He has a bit of a smug attitude that is going to start pissing people off. I’m sorry if I have offended his disciples but I have no time self proclaimed demigods.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 2

26 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

Well too bad for Petey. What about the people who have followed this team for 50 years? When was the last time he bought a hockey ticket? What did he do last year that was so great? Yeah,Yeah, I know he was hurt…But he wasn’t having that brilliant a year before his injury. He has a bit of a smug attitude that is going to start pissing people off. I’m sorry if I have offended his disciples but I have no time self proclaimed demigods.

I'd actually be amused if Pettersson got shipped off to Buffalo so "he can get his best chance of winning the cup".:lol: Oh Erhoff...

Ohh god people, what was the man suppose to say “Im okay with losing as long as it’s in Vancouver” I hope everyone wants to be a winner.

Kinda wish Petey Took the Aaron Rodgers Route and just didn’t say anything cuz now we just get to see $&!#ty articles saying PETTERSSON NOT HAPPY IN VAN!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Pettersson said "I want to stay there (VAN) now, but I also want to play for a team that's winning and has a chance to go far in the playoffs every year. If we have that chance when my next deal expires...I don't know. I just wanna play where there's a chance of winning."

This is coming even after Benning made all of the changes to the roster - to make them better. To me, it doesn't really sound like he wants to play here, too much work to do I guess. Sounds like he wants a fast track to the Cup, regardless of who he plays for. Maybe with Tampa, Washington or Boston, etc. ?

I'm not feeling the love, and it does sound like his heart isn't into it here anymore. A rift with management? Was Edler leaving an issue? Could this be what's delaying a re-signing? From his comment above, it sounds like he may re-sign here for a few years, and then if VAN hasn't won by then, he's gone.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Pettersson said "I want to stay there (VAN) now, but I also want to play for a team that's winning and has a chance to go far in the playoffs every year. If we have that chance when my next deal expires...I don't know. I just wanna play where there's a chance of winning."

This is coming even after Benning made all of the changes to the roster - to make them better. To me, it doesn't really sound like he wants to play here, too much work to do I guess. Sounds like he wants a fast track to the Cup, regardless of who he plays for. Maybe with Tampa, Washington or Boston, etc. ?

I'm not feeling the love, and it does sound like his heart isn't into it here anymore. A rift with management? Was Edler leaving an issue? Could this be what's delaying a re-signing? From his comment above, it sounds like he may re-sign here for a few years, and then if VAN hasn't won by then, he's gone.

Wow, you got all of that out of that interview? Yikes

Posted in other thread, but though i'd share here as well...

First, i agree with most that this is completely blown out of proportion by the media / some fans. Of course he should want to win. That's a good thing! 

Second, i think this just reaffirms what some of us where saying about it being time to transition from rebuilding / retooling and drafting high to starting to win more games, make the playoffs and hopefully win a cup! Not only is it time (you can't rebuild / draft high forever) because, well, it's time, but clearly it's what the players (especially core ones) want / deserve! This is also why some of us suggested that waiting another year (as some suggested) to do what Benning did this off season would have been the wrong move / would have waisted a year. 

Third, i hope most people (including players) realize that this last season truly was a bump in the road for obvious reasons. While i think there was a ways to go / adjustments to be made, they were trending in the right direction and i think the bubble was an example of that. 

Anyway, just a few thoughts and i think this off-season was definitely a step in that direction and i'm looking forward to sept / oct! 

• Cheers 4

From prohockeyrumours.com

• Elias Pettersson is another restricted free agent without a contract, but he doesn’t seem too worried about it. The Vancouver Canucks forward spoke to Uffe Bodin of Hockeysverige and explained that though the two sides are not in agreement on a deal yet, he’s confident they will find a solution. Pettersson also clearly indicated that he wants to be on a winning team, meaning if they want to keep him long-term, the Canucks better start making the playoffs more often.

Seems that the general reaction around the league is as above -  just Canucks fans who are freaking out

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2