The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, Ballisticsports. said:

What's do special about Shaw?

He has helped the Flyers drop to the bottom the league ,same as when he was here

Flyers were way worse defensively last year compared to this year. They are so much better this year, hell he even has Ristoliannen (sp) playing like a NHL level dman instead of a big orange pylon.  They still lack talent, but their defensive zone play and structure is much improved.

Edited by Fen1010

I'm really happy for Petey that he won this. I know it's a cheesy event but he needs a boost and this shows everyone he's for real. Solidifies what we already know but many in the league ignore. I was so glad he beat Ovechkin...the lack of hoopla over that compared to Miami Ice and McDavid was a little sad. 

Petey is a true champion....he puts in the work and takes this deal very seriously. And he continues to shine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, -DLC- said:

I'm really happy for Petey that he won this. I know it's a cheesy event but he needs a boost and this shows everyone he's for real. Solidifies what we already know but many in the league ignore. I was so glad he beat Ovechkin...the lack of hoopla over that compared to Miami Ice and McDavid was a little sad. 

Petey is a true champion....he puts in the work and takes this deal very seriously. And he continues to shine.

Ya, Karlsson low-key dissed Petey saying that he should take wrist shots instead and being surprised that he was over 100mph. He definitely doesn't get the respect he deserves around the league yet but hopefully that will change.

• Cheers 1

yup...elias maybe 3-6 years left untill he has peaked in his evolution and on his way down...i wouldnt b surprised if he leaves along with a few others. must come down to how much does he enjoy being in vancouver in general over where does he gets the best chances to get the cup before he peaks. Gamble vs current statistics....

1 hour ago, Mrwipeout said:

yup...elias maybe 3-6 years left untill he has peaked in his evolution and on his way down...i wouldnt b surprised if he leaves along with a few others. must come down to how much does he enjoy being in vancouver in general over where does he gets the best chances to get the cup before he peaks. Gamble vs current statistics....

Yikes that is one of the most pessimistic takes on his season so far.

"He's doing great, but let's find the most depressing way we can look at it"

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Yikes that is one of the most pessimistic takes on his season so far.

"He's doing great, but let's find the most depressing way we can look at it"

is not abt pessimism is abt "how would i think as a player" hes up for a contract...if he wants out theres a ton of teams that wants him. how would u decide what to do when u know half the team is abt to be transformed into rookie gambling during the best years of ur entire career?

19 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

is not abt pessimism is abt "how would i think as a player" hes up for a contract...if he wants out theres a ton of teams that wants him. how would u decide what to do when u know half the team is abt to be transformed into rookie gambling during the best years of ur entire career?

Petey is NOT up for a contract until the end of next season and even then, he's an RFA. 

And everything else you're talking about is all speculation. How could you possibly know what Petey thinks or feels? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Petey is NOT up for a contract until the end of next season and even then, he's an RFA. 

And everything else you're talking about is all speculation. How could you possibly know what Petey thinks or feels? 

thats why i said gamble or current statistics along with how he enjoys it in vancouver...

• RoughGame 1

7 hours ago, Canuck You said:

May be a Twitter screenshot of 1 person and text that says 'Big Head Hockey @BigHeadHcky Elias Pettersson has more 5v5 points than Connor McDavid Leon Draisaitl Auston Matthews Jack Hughes Nikita Kucherov Jason Robertson Sidney Crosby Nathan Mackinnon'

More specifically, he's 2nd in the NHL with 41 even strength points. Karlsson is 1st with 47. The counter to a stat like this is that he struggles with powerplay points. Pettersson has the fewest powerplay points of any player in the top 25 scoring. There are 138 players with at least 11 powerplay points (including defensemen) and Pettersson ranks 105th in powerplay points per 60.

• Like 1

Espn just left pettey out of their best 10 centers. East coast bias plus past work.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/story/_/id/35712543/ranking-nhl-top-centers-execs-players-vote-best

Their list:

mcdavid

matthews

mckinnon

crosby

draisaitl

barkov

brayden point

jack hughes

bergeron

thompson

votes for zibanejad, pettey, aho, barzal