The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Judd Brackett deserves a lot of credit for the draft. He's the guy in charge for last 2 drafts and has done a great job. 

Totally agree, although it was tough seeing tkacuck run roughshod over our team last night and our meek and polite finish D man is still developing (although doing well). The Canucks have not been rough to play against since -94 and I thought tkachuck had Canuck written all over him.

judd - please find us the franchise d man we have never had along with some heavy forwards who can play? Brady tjachuck? Doubt we land Rasmus dahlen

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

Totally agree, although it was tough seeing tkacuck run roughshod over our team last night and our meek and polite finish D man is still developing (although doing well). The Canucks have not been rough to play against since -94 and I thought tkachuck had Canuck written all over him.

judd - please find us the franchise d man we have never had along with some heavy forwards who can play? Brady tjachuck? Doubt we land Rasmus dahlen

Think positive and it will happen. If there was ever a year I wanted the 1st overall it's this year. It's our time and i have a feeling we are going to win the lottery. We aren't making the playoffs with all the injuries, particularly with Horvat out for 6 weeks. So the silver lining might be we get a super star Dman for the next 15 years.

We'll get a very good player and I trust Judd Brackett to make the right pick even if it's not top 5.  

Other forums talking up Glass. Lind played 8 fewer games. their ppg are almost the same. and based on the fact Kole scores 1.57ppg Extrapolated over 8 games he would have another 12 points. prolly more. either way same amount as glass.

3 hours ago, bp79 said:

Other forums talking up Glass. Lind played 8 fewer games. their ppg are almost the same. and based on the fact Kole scores 1.57ppg Extrapolated over 8 games he would have another 12 points. prolly more. either way same amount as glass.

Points are points. We know Lind can produce, he needs to work on the other end. Glass has a much better rounded game. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Points are points. We know Lind can produce, he needs to work on the other end. Glass has a much better rounded game. 

Ithere was an article on I think sp maybe tsn. Who said kind of the opposite. Never compared them, just said Kole is just as impressive without the puck.as he is with it.They said his forechecking has been good.They said he is very seldom caught out of position Anyway moot kinda Canada WJC usually bring the complete type of player, don't they?

25 minutes ago, bp79 said:

Ithere was an article on I think sp maybe tsn. Who said kind of the opposite. Never compared them, just said Kole is just as impressive without the puck.as he is with it.They said his forechecking has been good.They said he is very seldom caught out of position Anyway moot kinda Canada WJC usually bring the complete type of player, don't they?

Yep. Owen Tippett played 7 games with Florida and potted 1 goal with them but wasn't even given an invitation to WJC camp. His play without the puck and his defensive deficiencies played a huge role in them. Also looked pretty subpar during the canada/russia series as he was taking way too many shots at poor locations and was a turnover machine.

52 minutes ago, bp79 said:

He's hungry for the puck for sure, he just has lapses. Not saying his defensive game is bad, glass is just solid. 

57 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I was at a Victoria Royals vs Kelowna Rockets game earlier this season. And I actually thought Lind plays very well without and away from the puck. It was also shown that his coach trusted him so much that when there was a 5 minute PP for the Royals late in the third in a tie game (including the 1st minute of 5 on 3), Lind was out there for the majority of the 5 minute PK and the PK resulted in success without allowing a goal. Rockets later won the game, and that PK was crucial. For that game, I was actually more impressed with Lind's play without the puck than his play with the puck.

Again haha, not bashing his game at all. Just discussing the comparisons with glass. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/10/2017 at 7:27 PM, CoolCanucklehead said:

Approx.  1:37

Thanks for this.  I know that Benning was surprised that Lind wasn't being taken, but I don't know when he made the comment.  Was it after the 19th pick, in which case Benning had him ranked very high on his draft board?  or was it on day 2, where most people had Lind going anyway.