The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

The real puzzler to me is that I don't think we see more than three rookies next year......but we have like 10 kids fighting for those three spots.  EP, Gaudette, juolevi, Demko, dahlen are obvious but we have a high first round pick and several dark horses in Lind, Brisebois, Chatfield, Macewen to go with a few older rookies like Holm, Boucher and Goldobin.  

Nothing like competition for spots.  

34 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

The real puzzler to me is that I don't think we see more than three rookies next year......but we have like 10 kids fighting for those three spots.  EP, Gaudette, juolevi, Demko, dahlen are obvious but we have a high first round pick and several dark horses in Lind, Brisebois, Chatfield, Macewen to go with a few older rookies like Holm, Boucher and Goldobin.  

Nothing like competition for spots.  

HA!

Win the draft lottery and draft Dahlin and screw the hockey world over by keeping Petterson Dahlin and Dahlen in Europe or in utica for another half or full season and hear how we're "doing it all wrong" for kicks

5 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Irrelevant.  Putting two very young rookies plus another inexperienced player on a line is a recipe for trouble, something very unlikely to happen aside from when they already have decently-developed two-way games.  Coaches won't do that unless there are no other alternatives.

How about Hyman Matthews Nylander?

Cagguila McDavid Draisaitl?

Domi Dvorak Duclair?

Mantha-Larkin-Athanasiou line earlier which had an average of 22.3 years old

I think your objection is irrelevant with regard to facts.

Many young players now days have been very well coached and many are also extremely fit compared to earlier times.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Awful youthful and inexperienced, doubt Green goes that route as they're a potential disaster waiting to happen.  Need at LEAST one solid vet on there, even if it's Eriksson, but more likely a C, even Granlund maybe although he's better on the wing as well.

Green was opposed to BB even getting into the lineup at the start of the season but BB forced his way up the lineup in no time at all...

With Green's history of how he made the NHL I think he may be just a bit reticent to play rookies up the lineup but he still has eyes in his head ( except where Gagner is concerned for some reason) so if EP does what Brock did....score a point pretty much every game...I can't see Green keeping  him in the AHL or the 4th line (unless we call the Sedin line the 4th line next year).

Still in the Lind thread and I would like to see Kole get a shot by trade deadline time next year....

Whiile I'm here I might as well post my high hope lineup for next year by Xmas or so:

Dahlen / Pettersson / Boeser

Baer  / Horvat /  Virtanen

Granlund / Sutter / Eriksson

Gaunce / Gaudette / MacEwen or Lind

Dowd

If the sedins come back then Dowd and MacEwen are not and Gaunce is #13....

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego
fun

2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Dahlen / Pettersson / Boeser

Baer  / Horvat /  Virtanen

Granlund / Sutter / Eriksson

Gaunce / Gaudette / MacEwen or Lind

Pretty good suggestion if the Twins are not here?

Two Defence first lines, a hybrid line & a pure goal scoring line...  :frantic:

• Cheers 1