The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Flames @ Rogers Arena 7:00 PM

-DLC-

4 minutes ago, mll said:

He's not playing.  Burmistrov is back in per Canucks twitter.

Pouliot will play as Edler is out 4 to 6 weeks with a MCL sprain.

Couldn't even last a week without a core player going on LTIR. Imagine the CDC implosion if the next (and we all know its coming) is to 53?

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Oh well, to both. 

Really not surprised with Edler. Typical Canucks D-curse crap.

2 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Then squash him in a fight afterwards right?

That's be great, would be a high energy scrap me thinks. But... No Jake tonight. I'm sure it'll happen one day.

1 minute ago, Katobaron said:

No Virtanen in for this one, he sits and Burmistrov draws in.

Thanks

Green is making the easy decisions on who sits. Not that I disagree with sitting virtanen he needs to be better but how long till he sends earthquakes through the city by sitting vanek, gagner, Dorsett or ERIKSSON! 

We gotta clarkson this guy and dump him onto a team needing to get to the salary cap floor

9 minutes ago, mll said:

Playing defense for the Vancouver Canucks.......most dangerous job in all of sports.

Danger pay should be a must for any contract negotiations.......all agents please note.

Jake is still learning to be an NHL player.  In Green's mind, Jake didn't do enough last game to deserve to draw in for this game.  He played great against Edmonton but has been fairly invisible since especially last game.  I recall noticing him once last game on a rush.  When he understands that he needs to rattle some teeth on almost every shift, then charge to the net, he will have figured it out.  The physical play creates time and space for his linemates, and getting to the net will give him a chance to pick up some garbage.  To me last game he looked disengaged or disinterested, like the old Jake.  Maybe a trip to Cometland will help him realize where he wants to be and how he has to play to stay here.

2 hours ago, BananaMash said:

Loui Eriksson scores three goals on his own net, angering Bo Horvat who proceeds to jump him and beat him to a pulp. The refs, perplexed by what to do, give Eriksson and Horvat both 5 minute majors allowing Calgary to play 5 on 3 against the Canucks for 25% of the second period. During this penalty kill, Boeser blocks 10 shots and is out for the season with 8 broken bones. Stecher fires 3 slapshots directly into his own teammates, injuring the entire Sutter line.

Final score 18-1 for Calgary.

Lone Canuck goal scored by Travis Green after going rogue and suiting up for the Canucks to compensate for all the injuries.

2 hours ago, BananaMash said:

Unfortunately this is sober me :( High BananaMash is much more reasonable.

1 hour ago, BananaMash said:

For some reason Stajan is the one play that every time I hear his name mentioned I think, "wow, I didn't realize he was still in the NHL."

It happens at least 6 times a season.

I need help.

1 hour ago, BananaMash said:

I remember someone on this forum a few years ago saying "It's okay guys, Edler is only 23, he can get better still". I think Edler was like 28 at the time, but they got his number confused with his age because he doesn't feel that old.

It's funny how things like this happen :lol:

Talk about on a roll. Too bad @BananaMash isn't on the play by play team tonight. (Although, come to think of it, BananaMash, you aren't Corey Hirsch are you?)

Archived