The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Reid Boucher

-Vintage Canuck-

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled centre Reid Boucher from the Utica Comets.

Boucher, 24, ranks second on the Comets in scoring this season with 10 points (3-7-10) in 10 games. He also leads the team in shots (34) and ranks tied for second in power play goals.   

Last season, Boucher made his debut with the Canucks, collecting seven points (2-5-7) in 27 games. He has appeared in 112 career NHL games and has registered 37 points (17-20-37) and 18 penalty minutes.   

The Lansing, Michigan native was originally selected in the fourth round, 99th overall, in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft by the New Jersey Devils.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-reid-boucher/c-292712864

3 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Is it anything to do with too many vets in Utica again ?

No.  He's the only veteran exempt and they can dress one per game.  It's the veterans with more than 320 games the issue - he's not one of them.

I'm thinking someone's banged up if they felt the need to recall another forward. Keep in mind, we just brought up Guance, this gives us two extra forwards for the first time all season. 

I shall choose to speculate sir! In which I believe there is a trade wherein 3 roster players are moved, while Boucher slots in and Eriksson/Edler are activated off IR. 

Archived