Canucks Community

[Proposal] Acquiring Huberdeau

To Van:

Huberdeau

To Fla:  

Gudbranson

Baertschi

Goldobin

What are your thoughts on the value of this trade?  Florida is rumoured to be very interested in re acquiring Guddy and with the hockey world seemingly in doubt about him re-signing here, Florida seems like a good partner. They also acquire Sven Baerstchi; who can provide second line scoring for the Panthers in the present, with potential to still improve in the future, as well as Nikolay Goldobin; who has serious top 6 potential for the future but may never get the chance with the Canucks.

Vancouver gets Huberdeau (who I can't quote any sources but have heard through the grapevine that the Canucks have been interested in since Benning took over), a young 1st liner who legitimately could turn the Horvat, Boeser line in to a powerhouse.

Let me hear some feedback :)

26 minutes ago, Bilbro Baggins said:

To Van:

Huberdeau

To Fla:  

Gudbranson

Baertschi

Goldobin

What are your thoughts on the value of this trade?  Florida is rumoured to be very interested in re acquiring Guddy and with the hockey world seemingly in doubt about him re-signing here, Florida seems like a good partner. They also acquire Sven Baerstchi; who can provide second line scoring for the Panthers in the present, with potential to still improve in the future, as well as Nikolay Goldobin; who has serious top 6 potential for the future but may never get the chance with the Canucks.

Vancouver gets Huberdeau (who I can't quote any sources but have heard through the grapevine that the Canucks have been interested in since Benning took over), a young 1st liner who legitimately could turn the Horvat, Boeser line in to a powerhouse.

We give up too much in this trade, I think Sven and Gudy should be enough

Just now, zzbottom said:

You are delusional. Huberdeau would instantly be the best player on our team. Vancouver would have to submit a lot more. 

First of all Talon wants Gudy so the price is high for Florida , second hes a big strong d man which are hard to find and have more value then forwards. I agree that Huber is a good player and may be the best on a Vancouver team right now but not necessarily in the long term picture. Huber would add an element we need but not willing to give up our young talent like a Goldobin yet and its not like Sven is a bottem six guy

18 minutes ago, Bilbro Baggins said:

To Van:

Huberdeau

To Fla:  

Gudbranson

Baertschi

Goldobin

Would love to have Hubs on the Canucks.  Good skating, great vision, playmaker or scorer and has size.  He's definately a 1st line LW in the NHL.

It would be a massive drop in talent on Fla's top scoring line and I really don't see Baer or Goldy ever replacing Hubs.  I don't know if they can afford to lose Hubs, as their other LWs are not very good.

Huberdeau is a more important piece than Gudbranson clearly.  I doubt they give up such a player for a 2nd pair at best D no matter how much they like him.

The Canucks would be bare of RHD if they moved Guddy.  They would need one back in a deal with Florida.  But this makes your Huberdeau notion muddy.

51 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Huberdeau is a more important piece than Gudbranson clearly.  I doubt they give up such a player for a 2nd pair at best D no matter how much they like him.

The Canucks would be bare of RHD if they moved Guddy.  They would need one back in a deal with Florida.  But this makes your Huberdeau notion muddy.

Stetcher out, Tanev out, so what Biega first line RHD?

And one less guy for pushback?

No thanks.

1 hour ago, zzbottom said:

You are delusional. Huberdeau would instantly be the best player on our team. Vancouver would have to submit a lot more. 

Heberdeau would not be our best player.  He would fit in nicely though, but in a third line, energy, checking role.  That’s a lot for us to give up for that type (level) of player.

If Tallon still views Erik so highly (above Psysk, behind Ekblad only on his right-side D depth chart) and if Benning believes in returning to competitiveness with this young roster currently assembled, I think the deal could have some basis.

For all who regard Hubie for his performance this season (1.27 points per game), don't forget that Sven himself has also had a strong season (0.75 points/ game) which is 1st line production, and with Guddy as a major piece in any potential deal I think Tallon just might bite.  Going off of the Kesler deal that we had to make, the price was two roster players and a 1st (McCann).  While Goldobin might not be the 1st that could get it done (not quite living up to his potential and Tallon might want a first), the team here might already be good enough that giving up a 1st wouldn't mean losing a top-10 draft choice.

Erik, Sven and say a 20th overall (if we become that good) for Huberdeau doesn't sound unreasonable at all.  Hubie is a top-end young player signed with term that we're talking about after all, and those don't come easy.  If we get one then I'd rather the team trade Goldie to replenish the D-depth lost.

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Heberdeau would not be our best player.  He would fit in nicely though, but in a third line, energy, checking role.  That’s a lot for us to give up for that type (level) of player.

Alf you are mistaken if that's what you think he is, he's a top line player

1 hour ago, Sbriggs said:

First of all Talon wants Gudy so the price is high for Florida , second hes a big strong d man which are hard to find and have more value then forwards. I agree that Huber is a good player and may be the best on a Vancouver team right now but not necessarily in the long term picture. Huber would add an element we need but not willing to give up our young talent like a Goldobin yet and its not like Sven is a bottem six guy

3rd gud will be a free agent .. and free.. this summer

don't overplay your negotiating power

you have little on tallon

Huberdeau is as frail as tissue. Talented yes. Durability  negative 9000.

Honestly ask yourself why FLA even consider trading their top player atm ?   It would not even be enough. I love bear but he is no huberdeau in terms of raw talent and production.  Guddy makes it somewhat better but Goldobin is a lowly pawn in the deal and VAn would likely need to cough up more to get a top player on a weak team.

For these reasons I say HEll no Bilbro  : )

Just now, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

Huberdeau is as frail as tissue. Talented yes. Durability  negative 9000.

Honestly ask yourself why FLA even consider trading their top player atm ?   It would not even be enough. I love bear but he is no huberdeau in terms of raw talent and production.  Guddy makes it somewhat better but Goldobin is a lowly pawn in the deal and VAn would likely need to cough up more to get a top player on a weak team.

For these reasons I say HEll no Bilbro  : )

BINGO!  Just say NO to Huberdeau.

3 hours ago, coastal.view said:

3rd gud will be a free agent .. and free.. this summer

don't overplay your negotiating power

you have little on tallon

Actually a player on a cheap expiring deal will have a fair bit of value at the trade deadline (particularly a player like Guds - which teams likely place a higher value for a post-season run).  However, anything you get for him will be futures oriented (ie., draft picks and/or prospects); rather than a 'NHL player' at the trade deadline.

3 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Actually a player on a cheap expiring deal will have a fair bit of value at the trade deadline (particularly a player like Guds - which teams likely place a higher value for a post-season run).  However, anything you get for him will be futures oriented (ie., draft picks and/or prospects); rather than a 'NHL player' at the trade deadline.

that can be true

but it won't be florida

a team that appears unlikely to make the playoffs

and has managed, without tampering criticism

to make it crystal clear to gud that they want him back

they have no reason to pay much for him at the tdl

they can just as well wait till he is free

Archived