The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning Extended (Official)

Darius

The right thing to do.  JB started out as a rookie GM and has made some errors, but on the whole this team is positioned for some really good times ahead.  Patience is needed and JB should be able to see this through.  Im going to enjoy the meltdowns on the radio and on forums like HFBOARDS.

Assuming that this is all true...no reason to doubt it right now...

If true, very, very happy.

I like the direction we're going. As long as he doesn't overpay picking up another overrated UFA player *cough*KANE*cough* like Eriksson was (or Lucic... glad we dodged that bullet too - Thanks Milan!) and we stay the course we'll be in good shape.

The goalie is coming. The Centre is coming. The Defenceman is coming. The wingers are coming and one is already here.

The future is very bright.

Good. Benning started off as a rookie GM, made a few mistakes (Eriksson, loose lips on PK Subban), but I believe he starting to come into his own. 3 years sounds like the perfect amount of time to see his vision coalesce. 

Strong move,  solidifying the trust in this man helps the entire organization and those directly on the ice.

Well deserved, I’m enjoying this process, and can’t think of a better guy to have.

Congratulations Jim, well deserved, hope to see you hoist the cup here one day.

1 minute ago, TimberWolf said:

Well, hope I'm wrong and that Benning can build a winner but we could be looking at some real ugly years

Most likely, you are - on both accounts.  We are just around the corner from having a lot of young, talented guys being added to this team.  Granted, we are relying on Demko to be our future goalie and there is obvious work required for our defense, but if you can't see what he's built so far then not much will convince you until it happens, I figure.

Ugly yearS?  Next year might be pretty bad.  Worse than this one is even possible in theory.  After that, it's all up.

Archived